• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Would a Sig 556 with a folding stock and flash hider bought 8-10 years ago be illegal to own or just to sell?

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    If you're talking about a CZ Scorpion, a folding mechanism with a Sig brace (or other brace) is fine. If you want an actual stock, you need a Form 1 and an OAL of >29 inches.

Yes its a Scorpion EVO pistol!
    As I mentioned, I am putting a KAK sig tube and thordsen cheek saddle on it.
    Initially will be keeping it fixed but down the road I'd really like to add the folding bracket from Hera Arms to it.

thanks for everyone's input/comments.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Yes its a Scorpion EVO pistol!
    As I mentioned, I am putting a KAK sig tube and thordsen cheek saddle on it.
    Initially will be keeping it fixed but down the road I'd really like to add the folding bracket from Hera Arms to it.

thanks for everyone's input/comments.

You are GTG. The Hera SFU is great.

pedropcola

Feb 8, 2009
    Sidebar. Reproduction M1 carbine paratrooper model with side folding stock. Does it having a bayonet lug matter?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Sidebar. Reproduction M1 carbine paratrooper model with side folding stock. Does it having a bayonet lug matter?

bayonet lug is not one of the counted features.
    the only 3 that matter are detachable mag semi auto rifle plus more than one of the following:
    folding stock, flash hider, grenade launcher

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    So it it legal? It has detachable mag and folding stock by my count.

Detachable mags are not part of the feature test, but just one of the prerequisites in order for the feature test to apply. To be banned, the rifle has to be semi-auto and accept detachable mags and have at least two of the three features that Jaybeez listed.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    -mini 14 with a folding stock is banned.
    -semi auto shotgun with a folding stock is banned.
    -any seminauto centerfire rifle with the ability to accept detachable magazines and more than one of the following is banned: folding stock, grenade launcher, flash hider.

So if you had a muzzle break instead of a flash hider you could do a folding stock? Probably a dumb question but I've been wanting to ask it for while now.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    What's legal, what's illegal..?

Who is going to inspect it & where will the inspection take place..?

Don't worry, be happy BUT just don't open carry it OR use it to rob a bank with...

IF you put a folding stock on it, keep the old stock to convert it back if there is ever an issue...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So if you had a muzzle break instead of a flash hider you could do a folding stock? Probably a dumb question but I've been wanting to ask it for while now.

Yes, but MD says if the device suppresses the flash, no matter what it is called or the purpose, it is considered a flash suppressor.

So make SURE your muzzle brake does not suppress the flash.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    old thread but was wondering if you can put one of the M1 Carbine folding stock clones on a Ruger 10/22. they look really cool and would like to put one on my 10/22 if it's legal.

doe the same rules apply to rimfire rifles?

Here's a link to the stock I want to put on my 10/22

https://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=10-00037-00

You bumped such an old thread that is FULL of so much misinformation, it’s mind boggling.

Any center fire or rim fire rifle with a detachable magazine is subject to the “evil feature”. See text below.

The following are prohibited:
    ✘Rifles with a capacity over 10 rounds.
    ✘Semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine and have any ​TWO​ of the following
    features:

1. Folding stock (Not including telescoping [collapsible] stock)
    2. Grenade launcher or flare launcher
    3. Flash suppressor

✘Semi-automatic centerfire rifles that have an overall length of less than 29 inches.
    “The above restrictions do not apply to rimfire rifles with non-detachable magazines.”

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    You bumped such an old thread that is FULL of so much misinformation, it’s mind boggling.

Any center fire or rim fire rifle with a detachable magazine is subject to the “evil feature”. See text below.

✘Semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine and have any ​TWO​ of the following
    features:

3. Flash suppressor

✘Semi-automatic centerfire rifles that have an overall length of less than 29 inches.
    “The above restrictions do not apply to rimfire rifles with non-detachable magazines.”

Incorrect, rimfire is excluded from evil features. #2 in their guideline questions is a “no” since it’s rimfire and you do not continue. On top of that the evil feature guideline specifically says centerfire.

Attachments

• 847F8895-C8A2-4D80-A476-FF1A455C6A61.jpg
      847F8895-C8A2-4D80-A476-FF1A455C6A61.jpg
      90.1 KB · Views: 246

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

features:

3. Flash suppressor

Magazines over 10 rounds may not be sold or transferred in MD.
    Rifles with a 30 round mag are perfectly legal as long the magazine was purchased out of state. They can be brought back to MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom