• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    im looking at upgrading the trigger group in my ar15. a drop in trigger group with a light trigger (Between 1.5-3.5# if possible). the crisper the better. i have tried the timney triggers in other guns but if anyone has suggestions i would appreciate it. thanks

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I put the Chip McCormick 3.5 lb trigger in mine and love it. Very crisp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjt1169

Look no further than Geissele...

G3D-E-ondirections-web01.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've been running a Geissele SSA-E for quite a while now, 3.5# total (although it's probably under that now), buy once cry once.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Geissele SSA-E is pure sex.
    Might be a little light for a stress shooter.
    Look at their combat and 3 Gun triggers.
    If you really want a 1.5 lb trigger then it's the NM or another one of their adjustables.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    Geissele SSA-E is pure sex.
    Might be a little light for a stress shooter.
    Look at their combat and 3 Gun triggers.
    If you really want a 1.5 lb trigger then it's the NM or another one of their adjustables.

personally i think 1.5 is kinda light. but i'm just an ametuer. these experienced 3 gunners can prob use a 1.5 and kick ass with it

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The break on the SSA-E isn't quite 'glass rod breaking' crisp, but it's pretty damned close.

I've got close to 8k rounds on mine, and it's gotten better with use.

The adjustables can be mind-blowingly good, but in my experience, adjustability is a double-edged sword, you can either improve it, or not get the desired result (which seems to happen more often than not).

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    i just ordered the geissele ssae and a couple other things from Joe Bob. a lighter trigger is all i really needed. the trigger that came with my ar15 was very crisp, but to heavy for me. i just got a scope for my ar so im looking at something that will help make my groups tighter.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Balzer94 said:
    i just ordered the geissele ssae and a couple other things from Joe Bob. a lighter trigger is all i really needed. the trigger that came with my ar15 was very crisp, but to heavy for me. i just got a scope for my ar so im looking at something that will help make my groups tighter.

I ordered the same one Friday for my ar too from joebob.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    everyone had the same price for it. so i figured with the 5% md shooters discount, itd be fine. plus, i used the $10 i saved on the trigger to get faster shipping considering that the hurricane can really back stuff up

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Balzer94 said:
    everyone had the same price for it. so i figured with the 5% md shooters discount, itd be fine. plus, i used the $10 i saved on the trigger to get faster shipping considering that the hurricane can really back stuff up

Joebob seems to always have good pricing plus 5% off, the a free t shirt. I had a shipping confirmation within an hour of ordering the other day. They have great communication and service, I always look there before anywhere else.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Joebob seems to always have good pricing plus 5% off, the a free t shirt. I had a shipping confirmation within an hour of ordering the other day. They have great communication and service, I always look there before anywhere else.

i ordered a couple other things for like half the price as brownells and then the 5% which is nice. they are sending me 2 shirts for whatever reason. i thought i could only get one, but maybe because i bought $200 worth of stuff they are sending two

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    You'll like the SSA-E but remember, it's a 3.5lb combined two stage.
    I honestly can't tell where the first stage stops and the second stage starts.
    It's a pretty light trigger for runnin' & gunnin'.
    It's a great trigger for a scoped or precision build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom