• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Just got an email from DSG Arms that they have the Lancer L5AWM 5.56mm 20rd Mags back in stock for $15.25 each:

Black - http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/LAN2320-04.aspx
    Olive Green - http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/LAN2320-06.aspx

Doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Damn, that's a great price for arguably the best AR mags going. I got 3 of them shipped for $52. By the way this color is usually the more expensive color because it is harder to make. These mags in this color usually cost around $25 but they are being discontinued by Lancer because they're profit margin isn't as high on it. In the next couple months, only the Grey Translucent color will be available unless you want a color like FDE or OD. They will still be making them but no more Black Translucent.

For those wondering, all of this information came from a Lancer rep in the M4 Carbine Forums. Also, here is a link to Midway that shows the normal price of them and also says they will be discontinued.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/15...-remington-20-round-polymer-translucent-smoke

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Damn, that's a great price for arguably the best AR mags going. I got 3 of them shipped for $52. By the way this color is usually the more expensive color because it is harder to make. These mags in this color usually cost around $25 but they are being discontinued by Lancer because they're profit margin isn't as high on it. In the next couple months, only the Grey Translucent color will be available unless you want a color like FDE or OD. They will still be making them but no more Black Translucent.

For those wondering, all of this information came from a Lancer rep in the M4 Carbine Forums. Also, here is a link to Midway that shows the normal price of them and also says they will be discontinued.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/15...-remington-20-round-polymer-translucent-smoke
    The ones DSG is selling are not translucent. They are solid black.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    The ones DSG is selling are not translucent. They are solid black.

Oh okay. LOL...I ordered them so fast, I didn't even bother to look. Yea, they aren't discontinuing these. They are discontinuing the Black Translucent. Still a good price though and great for people who don't like the translucent thing.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    No problem, I'm glad a few other folks were able to jump on them!

I wasn't sure how many they had in stock before they would sell out. Now I guess we'll see how promptly they ship them!

Yea, hopefully they even ship them. I heard some companies have put a halt on magazine shipments to MD. I have heard good things about this company though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    Unless you shoot 3-gun, I can't imagine you'd ever need more than a mag or two. I honestly don't understand all the panic buying.
    Magazines are disposable items. They break, they wear out, they even get lost/stolen.

Given we've got a new ban in MD (which can be made stricter still - like the CT or NY ban) and given there are still federal pushes for bans then those magazines might have to last you (and your progeny) for the rest of their lives.

Active duty military only carry 210 rounds, that's 7 - 30 round mags.
    No standard loadout is 210 rounds (the loadout that support people might carry), often the "trigger pullers" carry more.

In surrounding states there is no scarcity and prices are still reasonable.
    Reasonable is questionable, but they are available at the VA gun shows.

twowheelsforever

Jun 18, 2009
    Yea, hopefully they even ship them. I heard some companies have put a halt on magazine shipments to MD.

I got my invoice with tracking number from DSG today, so it looks like there's no problem shipping to MD.

Surprisingly enough, it looks like they still have some of the black 20 rounders in stock (the Olive Drab Green are out though).

twowheelsforever

Jun 18, 2009
    Got my Lancer mags on Saturday, that was some pretty quick shipping! Now if only I didn't have to wait 60+ days to get my lower...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom