• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jpratts

Sep 16, 2013
    I purchased two lower recievers, and I got the news that if it does not reach before oct 1, I will not be able to retrieve those lowers.

Jpratts

Sep 16, 2013
    Sorry, I forgot to put a question mark. I was just upset with the new gun law, that is taking effect on oct 1.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    if you have a "purchase order" prior to oct 1 for a banned rifle, you can still have it. for a handgun you will need to obtain a hql.

search for purchase order to read more. if your dealer is giving you a hard time, find another dealer

Jpratts

Sep 16, 2013
    The problem is, I already paid for it going three months now. Plus, they told me that I still have to get an hql, get finger printed and range time even if its only a lower, when I wast told different back then. This by the way is coming from continental arms.

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    The problem is, I already paid for it going three months now. Plus, they told me that I still have to get an hql, get finger printed and range time even if its only a lower, when I wast told different back then. This by the way is coming from continental arms.

The HQL only applies to handguns, the "H" in HQL. Purchases of soon to be banned guns purchased before 10/1 will require the MSP background check and wait period and can be transferred after 10/1 if purchased prior to 10/1. Email MSP you questions and show their response to your FFL.

Zibner

Aug 15, 2013
    Lexington Park Md
    So on October 1 do all the posts switch from "lower" to "upper" content? There is now a lot of lowers out there someone is going to make a killing selling uppers.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    That doesnt sound right. I believe that if you bought 2 lowers from them and you have paid for them, they are grandfathered in. To pick them up since they ARE NOT a handgun, you wont need a HQL.

I am pretty sure I am right no this but if not, others please feel free to chime in.

IMHO Continental arms is a bunch of asshats. Next time I would stay away from them.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    So; with one lower was thinking of multiple uppers and swapping them as needed, anyone have experience and how well does it work?

It does work, but you may decide you want different stocks, triggers, etc. and it becomes more of a pain. Since we're coming up on 10/1 it wouldn't hurt to pick up another lower.

Jpratts

Sep 16, 2013
    I am really staying away from continental arms after I get one of my lower. This guy over the phone from there, told me that we follow federal law, but I was like "is this not a maryland state law?". I just did not argue
    Anymore.

Continental is one of the only FFL's in Maryland who makes customers wait for the MSP "Not Disapproved". If they didn't have an indoor range attached, they would have been out of business years ago.
    I went in to their sister business in Reisterstown (White Marsh Arms) last week and the shop was empty- not one customer. This is a few weeks before SB281 kicks in. Every other gun shop is PACKED right now.
    As far as the HQL is concerned, they are flat out wrong. I would demand their statement in writing and if they are doing what you claim, demand a refund and buy lowers elsewhere. Do this tomorrow, not Friday or next week; time is your enemy right now.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Go there...Pay them to ship to another FFL.
    Problem solved.

Do not pay them another penny. This shop has been saying crazy stuff for months now, it's gotten worse this month. They are going to cost Thousands of people, hundreds of dollars to take possession of their property.

This is my neighborhood gunshop and I am a member at this range, but I will never buy another gun from them. EVER

BTW this is the last place I would buy a lower. Easily twice the price of most other shops

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Check out Engage armament in Rockville or Scott's gun smithing in Glen Burnie and your problems are solved period.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I was in Continental today and was the only one. This was at 12:30. I asked the guy where everyone was and he said it comes in phases. I was there for about 45min and saw 3 come from the range and 2 come into the store. The employees were nice and helpful though the one guy mentioned that "we will not do an early release". Everything is overpriced. As mentioned above, were it not for the range, they may not be around much longer.

Good luck getting your lowers.

Jpratts

Sep 16, 2013
    I will not pay them another dime. thanks for the suggestions though. I will just cancel the last lower that I got from them, then just wait for the first one that I got off of palmettostatearmory. that will be my last business with continental arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom