• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    I emailed JSE for clarification about the rather vague email they just sent me. Their response:

"We fixed the issue by replacing the carrier. Under normal circumstances we would have modified the carrier but to make sure we had you taken care of we just replaced it. Out of the 10's of thousands of bcg we have used and sold we have had very few carrier problems. Typically it's a key problem that can be remedied easily without replacing anything. I'm sorry we didn't get this fixed for you last week, but if the weather doesn't get in the way of delivery anywhere along the way you should have it back before your outing this weekend.

Gwyn"

In one of my other emails, I had asked to have them send the upper back asap so I could use it this weekend. Maybe that's why they sent it without notifying me, but I still would have liked to known.

When I get my upper back i'll know if the issue has been fixed or not, but as of now it looks like they solved it, it just took a long time, and way too many emails and phone calls.

O.P. if they sent the same carrier back I'll buy you a replacement if you give me the bad one. I have a use for it in my classes.

Thanks for the offer, but based off of JSE's clarification email I don't think I'll need to do that. If the replacement one they sent does the same thing, i'll definitely let you know.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Under-staffed and under-informed support team I'd say.

They likely have a first tier support team who basically answers emails and doesn't know much.

They they have "a guy" who knows tons about AR's but is a pain to work with.

The girls on the other end of the support email hate having to go back and forth with him to get answers cause he poo poo's every customer concern until he can "get his hands on it".

Glad you got it resolved OP, and way to go team, that's why I love this place :)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I emailed JSE for clarification about the rather vague email they just sent me. Their response:

"We fixed the issue by replacing the carrier. Under normal circumstances we would have modified the carrier but to make sure we had you taken care of we just replaced it. Out of the 10's of thousands of bcg we have used and sold we have had very few carrier problems."

The part in bold boggles the mind. How would they "modify" the bolt carrier? Mill off sections here and there until it fits and hope for the best? Seems inconceivable they would hack away at it rather than replace it with a good one and either scrap the old one or return it to their supplier.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    The part in bold boggles the mind. How would they "modify" the bolt carrier? Mill off sections here and there until it fits and hope for the best? Seems inconceivable they would hack away at it rather than replace it with a good one and either scrap the old one or return it to their supplier.

I think what they mean is that they would re-stake the gas key, or change out the bolt, or otherwise make modifications to get it to work.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

I'm thinking the tail wasn't trimmed. Chucking it in a lathe and taking material off the tail would have made it work. Its what I would have done for him if he couldn't get the bolt replaced.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Seeing as how NTRF is pretty much squared away, what do those classes consist of?

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I am also interested. Please be sure to post details when it's time.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Anyone who is interested shoot me a P.M. and I'll keep you updated before I start a thread in scotts section. I'm at least not GTG till march. I need a few more things.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Chad,

As I stated long ago when you were going to do the classes awhile ago I am for sure still interested. I have learned quite a bit from this thread and hopefully all is well when you get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom