• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Are these classes geared more towards working on ARs or handling them?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Are these classes geared more towards working on ARs or handling them?

Cleaning ,Lubing, Maintaining, and Service. It's an Advanced Armorer's + Gunsmithing Class dedicated to the D.I. AR15. The only thing I wont cover is ballistics and reloading.

Anyone who pays attention will leave the class with more knowledge about the AR than most gunsmiths and AR Armorers possess.

I won't ever be teaching a shooting or firearms manipulation class.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cleaning ,Lubing, Maintaining, and Service. It's anice an Armorer's + Gunsmithing Class dedicated to the D.I. AR15. The only thing I wont cover is ballistics and reloading.

Anyone who pays attention will leave the class with more knowledge about the AR than most gunsmiths and AR Armorers possess.

I won't ever be teaching a shooting or firearms manipulation class.

Cool, that's what I'm looking for.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    Hey everyone, back with a final update:

Retrieved the upper from the PO today. After unwrapping, I could see a very clear difference from this new bcg versus my old one. I pinned my upper onto the lower, and it pivots in place just like it should. JSE successfully fixed my problem, It just took way to long.
    Overall, I'm a happy camper. I don't know what JSE's shop is like, but from my experience their customer service is very slow, and initial contact took 5 attempts before I got someone. Would I order from them again? Maybe. From my internet searching they were one of the few online retailers with a significant stock of clearly labeled "HBAR" rifles, ,which as you all know is the requirement for an AR build here in Maryland.

tumblr_nj2ok8SA6j1ruzkd6o1_1280.jpg

I made sure my toes were in this picture.

Thank you to everyone who contributed and helped me troubleshoot through this process.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hey everyone, back with a final update:

Retrieved the upper from the PO today. After unwrapping, I could see a very clear difference from this new bcg versus my old one. I pinned my upper onto the lower, and it pivots in place just like it should. JSE successfully fixed my problem, It just took way to long.
    Overall, I'm a happy camper. I don't know what JSE's shop is like, but from my experience their customer service is very slow, and initial contact took 5 attempts before I got someone. Would I order from them again? Maybe. From my internet searching they were one of the few online retailers with a significant stock of clearly labeled "HBAR" rifles, ,which as you all know is the requirement for an AR build here in Maryland.

tumblr_nj2ok8SA6j1ruzkd6o1_1280.jpg

I made sure my toes were in this picture.

Thank you to everyone who contributed and helped me troubleshoot through this process.

Execellent news that is back and fixed. Nice carbine you have there.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have been following this thread, I am glad to see it finally resolved. You, Sir are more patient than I, good for you. I have dealt with JSE many times, mainly for parts. They are a small outfit and that always appealed to me. I agree they are slow, but friendly and I do like the hand guard on your upper. The one thing that really bothers me, there is NO WAY they could have test fired that upper with the BCG they shipped you. I always liked the advertisement that they "Test Fired ALL Uppers", but I guess it's false Advertisement. I hope you get many years of enjoyment from your new rifle.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    What are the specs of your rifle?

I assume HBAR, but what barrel material, and is it lined?

That's a great question. I unfortunately didn't screenshot the page that had all the specs of the upper on it, so I don't really remember. the "Product Name" is listed as "JSE 16" HBAR 1x9 Moly", so maybe that will tell you something. I'm pretty sure it's 4150 steel, because that's what I was encouraged to buy by a couple of friends who are more experienced with AR's. Other than that I don't really remember.. I bought this upper back in November.

Anyway, Specs are as follows:
    JSE complete upper:
    JSE BCG
    JSE Upper receiver
    DTI 556 1x9 Barrel
    YHM hand guards- These I have NO idea what model they are. They were listed on JSE's site as "YHM 9480" but I dont think that's correct. I think they look pretty cool, and I didn't want something that looked like a cheese grater, so I went with it.
    generic charging handle
    Surefire light with Blackhawk! light mount
    Magpul Stubby grip- If anyone wants to trade this for a half decent grip pod i'd be game. My hands are too big to comfortably grip this thing.

Lower:
    Anderson Lower
    PSA LPK
    Magpul MOE grip
    Commercial spec tube and stock, and a PSA buffer. I also own an H2 buffer, but I was instructed to use to PSA buffer first, and if the rifle functions fine then to keep that.
    Troy Ambi quick release stock plate

I haven't staked my castle nut yet because I'd like to switch out the commercial tube for a milspec one, and once I stake the castle nut I don't know how easy it is to remove the buffer tube.

I have been following this thread, I am glad to see it finally resolved. You, Sir are more patient than I, good for you. I have dealt with JSE many times, mainly for parts. They are a small outfit and that always appealed to me. I agree they are slow, but friendly and I do like the hand guard on your upper. The one thing that really bothers me, there is NO WAY they could have test fired that upper with the BCG they shipped you. I always liked the advertisement that they "Test Fired ALL Uppers", but I guess it's false Advertisement. I hope you get many years of enjoyment from your new rifle.

I was told by their tech that they did in fact test fire the upper with the original BCG. They even assured me that it wouldn't blow up in my face because of the out of spec carrier.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Stubby Grips aren't meant to be held like full size grips. Hell for that matter holding a rifle with the full size grip is a terrible way to control your rifle in the first place. This is how you want to hold it.
    IMG_3155-vi.jpg

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I haven't staked my castle nut yet because I'd like to switch out the commercial tube for a milspec one, and once I stake the castle nut I don't know how easy it is to remove the buffer tube.

The castle nut comes off pretty easy after being staked. Really just a tug on the stock wtench. Staking just keeps it from vibrating off.

When you stake it, use an automatic center punch. Makes it easy.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    The castle nut comes off pretty easy after being staked. Really just a tug on the stock wtench. Staking just keeps it from vibrating off.

When you stake it, use an automatic center punch. Makes it easy.

Okay. I don't have one of those.. Just a set of normal punches I got from Harbor Freight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom