• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    Been looking at these and researching a bit. Think I might have to get one. So, anyone have one? Or any other opinions?

Attachments

• 24K13MEDIUM350.jpg
      24K13MEDIUM350.jpg
      7.1 KB · Views: 208

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Never heard of it until you posted this thread. What's special about it?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Relativly inexpensive MSRP of $550. Sad that $550 is relativly inexpensive...

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The AR-24 is one of several cz75 clones, one of the best kept secrets in the DA/SA pistol world, they are very comfortable, reliable, and accurate. The biggest difference is that the frame rails are internal, allowing you to have a very high hold, and reduces the chances of malfunctions or injury from dragging a finger on the slide while shooting.

Trigger sucks, especiall the DA trigger and they are a little rough on the inside, however the Witness Match isn't much more expensive(about $100 more), but is far more refined, great SA trigger, better sights(and adjustable), and extended controls. One of the best 10mm pistol deals out there, only problem is the thing is HEAVY, but it soaks up recoil well, and is pretty docile for a 10mm, also is one of the few double stack 10s, 15rds of 10mm > most things. It is easily convertable to other calibers too, 22lr, 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP, and one of my favorites, 38 super.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    The AR-24 is one of several cz75 clones, one of the best kept secrets in the DA/SA pistol world, they are very comfortable, reliable, and accurate. The biggest difference is that the frame rails are internal, allowing you to have a very high hold, and reduces the chances of malfunctions or injury from dragging a finger on the slide while shooting.

If its anything like my CZ, I'm all over it.
    Thanks!:thumbsup:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    If its anything like my CZ, I'm all over it.
    Thanks!:thumbsup:

It's a CZ clone, and is the same basic design with a few minor changes, I haven't done anthing more than hold in a gunshop, seemed nice, but I am not sure how it compares to the excellent CZ75(having fired a few, but owned none) at the range.

Last edited:

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I've always been interested in trying one out at the range, if anyone's shot one please weigh in. The CZ is so well-engineered I can't imagine the AR-24 improving on the design much--but it's always been on my list.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    All I know is my CZ-75B is awesome and any clone should be decent as long as it's well-made. I think the AR-24 looks a little funny towards the rear of the slide, and I prefer the CZ trigger shape - but if the AR-24 fits your hand and you like it I don't think you can go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom