• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    At this point you really need to decide what your primary method of sighting is going to be - magnified optic, red dot type, or irons.

Make that decision, and everything else should fall into place.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    View attachment 87462

This is one I built from the ground up for my bro/sis-in-law, a fixed FSB as yours. Did a beginner RDS on a riser to get them going.

If they want to swap out to a scope or some other RDS, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Last edited:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    You don't need a riser... How about something like this:

7f475e9a.jpg

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Sounds like you want an ACOG.

Check out the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x... Its built like a Tank, has a CQB reticle and crosshairs....

8b57d84a.jpg

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    He doesn't want a Vortex Viper because he doesn't like the look of those scopes. He only likes the look of the ACOG type scopes.

@ the OP... Seriously, if you only want a ACOG like scope or "tactical scope" then your options are going to be limited. You either drop a grand or so on a Trij (the real thing) or you buy a cheap Chinese knock off that won't last a year. If you open your options up to other kinds of sights then you will have way more choices in the mid range category such as the Vortex above of you want magnified optics. If you don't want to change anything on your rifle such as the gas block or cutting down the A2 sight then your best bet is a Red Dot either with or without a magnifier behind it. You could mount the red dot on a mount that gives a lower 1/3rd co-witness and not have to worry about your front sight effecting the sight picture.

There are tons of options obviously. You just have to either A. Put the work in or B. Put the money down.

Sorry if I came off like an ass hole but buying an optic just because you like the appearance of it is not a very smart thing to do. Buy one based on durability or which reticle gives you the best sight picture.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    The Viper is a hell of a lot more versatile than an ACOG.

I don't think you understood my post. It wasn't meant to debate the Viper or an ACOG being as how I haven't had experience with either. I was just stating the fact that the OP only likes scopes that look like an ACOG.

I think my IQ has dropped a little bit after this thread. I'm done.

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I don't think you understood my post. It wasn't meant to debate the Viper or an ACOG being as how I haven't had experience with either. I was just stating the fact that the OP only likes scopes that look like an ACOG.

I think my IQ has dropped a little bit after this thread. I'm done.

Actually, I was responding to his post above yours. But I did rather enjoy your commentary now that I've read it. ;)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Heck, by the time you change the gas block and free float handguard and such, just build another upper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom