• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    sounds like a GB is gonna be his best answer.
    ...which was suggested hours ago. I warned against set screw GBs. They are basically a once and done adjustable GB(not to say they can't be readjusted). They are fine for an AR with an over-sized gas port. But, if you will eventually add a suppressor to the mix, you will want a "field" adjustable block with click adjustments that will allow you to dial in your gas so, ultimately, your gun will function, both suppressed and un-suppressed. Trust me, that is a better way to go.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have no Gauges, I think the best thing is just install a AGB. Does PSA build their rifles overgassed or is this just a mistake you think?
    AR15s as well as all semi-auto gas guns are made intentionally over gassed to keep them running when they are over fouled. They are made to run dirty and dry(never run your gun dry, though).

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have no Gauges, I think the best thing is just install a AGB. Does PSA build their rifles overgassed or is this just a mistake you think?
    If you have a selection of small drill bits they can be used as plug gauges. Just use the side that would be chucked in a drill.

I believe most manufacturers over size their ports as a way of making a rifle work with a wide variety of ammo.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Most fighting guns are seriously overgassed for reliability.

Sometimes you get one that's just beyond nuts. My most recent Daniel defense was not that bad but it needed to be toned down. The barrel replacement alone would have sufficed but it's a game gun and I wanted it to shoot "dead" for faster follow ups and better spotting. I can run it easily from a barricade with a relatively easy grip and watch the impacts in my 1-8.

jonboyhst

Apr 13, 2023
    Park City KY
    ...which was suggested hours ago. I warned against set screw GBs. They are basically a once and done adjustable GB(not to say they can't be readjusted). They are fine for an AR with an over-sized gas port. But, if you will eventually add a suppressor to the mix, you will want a "field" adjustable block with click adjustments that will allow you to dial in your gas so, ultimately, your gun will function, both suppressed and un-suppressed. Trust me, that is a better way to go.

Roger that, I have researched gas blocks in the past and never could decide on the SLR vs the SA?

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Over-gassed is not the end of the world and better than under-gassed. That being said, the adjustable gas block is one option (and a good one). I will offer up another option; a tuned gas tube. Just pick the size (carbine, mid, etc.) and fill in the form and they will pick the hole diameter. I have a Colt with an 11.5" barrel I run with a can. It threw the brass at 12:30 into the grass. Replaced the stock gas tube with a tuned one and it is perfect.

jonboyhst

Apr 13, 2023
    Park City KY
    Over-gassed is not the end of the world and better than under-gassed. That being said, the adjustable gas block is one option (and a good one). I will offer up another option; a tuned gas tube. Just pick the size (carbine, mid, etc.) and fill in the form and they will pick the hole diameter. I have a Colt with an 11.5" barrel I run with a can. It threw the brass at 12:30 into the grass. Replaced the stock gas tube with a tuned one and it is perfect.

and here I thought all gas tubes was the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom