• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Why does tomorrow's Annapolis event make me think of the end of Talladega Nights when the cars are wrecked and it is a desperate foot race with Pat Benatar as background music?

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Do me a favor. Assuming I know where Annapolis is and hate going there. Where do I park and where do I go. Make this easy for someone that hates politicians. I am guessing parking will be tough by the time I get here.

K'

Parking in Annapolis

http://www.downtownannapolis.org/_pages/transport/tr_parking.htm

4 is a bit of a walk - but it is up main street, it is the one i use when going down town. It is also the right one for chick and ruth's

5 is the one I use for these events and when heading to Ram's Head

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I'm in for 4pm. I'm setting a big steel job right on west st. If someone has a mds or nra flag I will put it on top of the crane boom for all to see!:party29:

I will donate one of my MDS flags for this. Find me today. Or PM me and I'll drop it off at your job site on my way.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    My car will be parked in Annapolis by 4:00 pm

Issues at home have appeared from either - out of nowhere - or frosh - will be there as soon as i can

Last edited:

JasonW

Feb 26, 2013
    My wife and 5 kids will be up there today around 1 or 2:00. They are fired up after Fridays display of their one track mind to try and cram this down our throat! They will be dressed up in business attire and will have extra MSI/MDS 2nd Ammendment stickers if anyone needs.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    My wife and 5 kids will be up there today around 1 or 2:00. They are fired up after Fridays display of their one track mind to try and cram this down our throat! They will be dressed up in business attire and will have extra MSI/MDS 2nd Ammendment stickers if anyone needs.

:thumbsup:

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    See you guys around lunch.

Robar... I'll have an MDS flag with me so PM me or just find me later and I'll give it to you... Just make sure to take pics and post.

chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    I checked the website to see what our committee has scheduled and there are quite a few "Sponsor Only" crossover bills. If they start at 1-as is their custom 4 is not an unreasonable guess.

Here's what I am looking at http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&stab=03&id=jud&tab=subject7&ys=2013RS

I just looked at the link provided...according to that web page the only bill concerning guns on the schedule today is SB 646 Sens Jennings and Klausmeier Public Safety - Handgun Permit Background Check -Armored Car Company Employees

I wonder if they didn't put it on this schedule on purpose?????

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I just looked at the link provided...according to that web page the only bill concerning guns on the schedule today is SB 646 Sens Jennings and Klausmeier Public Safety - Handgun Permit Background Check -Armored Car Company Employees

That link is for the Judiciary Committee, not the House Floor Sessions.

We won't know the exact time for the 2nd session until the morning session is closed, but best guess by Del Mike and others is sometime after 4:00 PM (Del Mike figure 5:00 PM or 6:00 PM).

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

That's what the Judiciary committee will be addressing today. The big'un, SB281 amended is out of committee and is scheduled up the hill for the full house debate later today. You can see it on the schedule there for second session.

Edit for clarity: here's the basic schedule I have seen:

The delegates meet in the State House at 10 am, address items on the Session agenda, final debate/vote on 3rd reader items.
    The House speaker announces when the next session will be at the adjournment of the session. So the next session will take into account how long the first took and what needs doing in the committees
    Then they break up into committees to work bills to get them ready for the floor
    They have added a second session today...

We should have a clear time for the second session start early this afternoon.

Plan to stay tuned and keep your late afternoon/evening plans open to come down. Right now, it sounds like folks are congregating around 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom