• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRichertHill

Apr 4, 2023
    Baltimore Maryland
    W
    Agree. That would be appreciated.
    Also, ALL STATS, not senseless banter like "what's the name of your investigator", "I've got the same dates", "congrats, enjoy", etc. We have an entire thread for just that stuff.
    Why does that bother you so much? Lol. Obviously the banter thread isn’t getting as much attention so people would rather get more information from here. You seemed to be the only one that’s bothered.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    W

Why does that bother you so much? Lol. Obviously the banter to hread isn’t getting as much attention so people would rather get more information from here. You seemed to be the only one that’s bothered.
    Nope, it bothered a lot of people. They don't visit this thread anymore. We, as a group, were trying to get real numbers. All the banter bloated the thread making impossible to find decent info.
    That is why I ask people to post their permit numbers.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    W

Why does that bother you so much? Lol. Obviously the banter thread isn’t getting as much attention so people would rather get more information from here. You seemed to be the only one that’s bothered.
    He is not the only one bothered it is just the rest of us have given up. When this thread started (read the original posts) it was intended to simply gather statistical data and a separate thread was started for comments , questions, discussion, etc. Later a third thread started to gather application number data. It became an ongoing problem to keep the thread content separate thus making the gathering of statistical data increasingly difficult because to find the data you had to sift through so many garbage postings.

We did manage to keep it going for quite a while and were able to gather some very interesting and meaningful statistics complete with trend line graphs and projections that helped understand this totally new permitting process which is hardly transparent. Look back through the 10,000 posts to see what we did. For example here is one of the statistic reports from back then:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/threads/application-progress-tracking-thread.266788/page-237#post-6775341

Unfortunately as many new permit appliers started looking for answers they started flooding this thread and did not read the OP or care to pay attention to the long time posters and in some cases took umbrage when told this was for statistical information gathering. Eventually many of the original followers became tired and burned out and none of the new people wanted to step up to the challenges, most only hung around until their permit came then vanished. So these threads have fallen into disuse and confusion with lots of misinformation. A few of the old timers (since last June 23rd) stop by occasionally and will provide some input but it is just a shadow of its former self.

Just how many of the posts in these three threads have you looked at? Lol.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    W

As stated by @Sundazes and @Blacksmith101, I'm not the only one. I just stuck around. Also, have followed this thread almost daily and most likely have read most of the 10K plus messages.
    And let's look at you: 60 messages and ALL BUT ONE are in this thread!!! Absolutely amazing.
    That said, I'll repeat a request I made long before, CLOSE THIS THREAD, it no longer serves the purpose for which it is intended.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    As stated by @Sundazes and @Blacksmith101, I'm not the only one. I just stuck around. Also, have followed this thread almost daily and most likely have read most of the 10K plus messages.
    And let's look at you: 60 messages and ALL BUT ONE are in this thread!!! Absolutely amazing.
    That said, I'll repeat a request I made long before, CLOSE THIS THREAD, it no longer serves the purpose for which it is intended.
    I would not close it. We still can get intel from it. It does keep 8 thousand other threads from starting about apps and permits.

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    To whom it may offend:

Submitted 3/13
    Accepted 3/17
    NICS # 3/21
    CJIS Letter received 4/10, dated 4/4
    Assigned 4/20
    Approved ??
    In hand??

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

BRichertHill

Apr 4, 2023
    Baltimore Maryland
    Well that’s ridiculous that what people do on an online thread bothers you THAT much, that you continue to say it should be closed. The others that are bothered by it, simply stated WHY it bothers them without wanting it shut down. You on the other hand are FLOODING this thread with negativity. It’s never that serious buddy.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Well that’s ridiculous that what people do on an online thread bothers you THAT much, that you continue to say it should be closed. The others that are bothered by it, simply stated WHY it bothers them without wanting it shut down. You on the other hand are FLOODING this thread with negativity. It’s never that serious buddy.
    I wouldn't call the few comments I've made flooding. But, that's your opinion and you're allowed that.
    Enjoy.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I wouldn't call the few comments I've made flooding. But, that's your opinion and you're allowed that.
    Enjoy.
    You have been on the forum about 146 months and posted an average of less than 33 posts per month. She has been on the forum less than one month and looks like will top over 100 posts this month. Yes you are definitely "flooding"! :sarcasm:

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Approved 4-21

You have been on the forum about 146 months and posted an average of less than 33 posts per month. She has been on the forum less than one month and looks like will top over 100 posts this month. Yes you are definitely "flooding"! :sarcasm:
    Submitted 3-1
    Accepted 3-6
    Nics 3-11
    Assigned investigator 4-10
    Approved 4-21 @ 1:50pm (23HGP-153XXX)
    Took longer than I expected?

BRichertHill

Apr 4, 2023
    Baltimore Maryland
    To whom it may offend:

Submitted 3/13
    Accepted 3/17
    NICS # 3/21
    CJIS Letter received 4/10, dated 4/4
    Assigned 4/20
    Approved ??
    In hand??

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    It literally meant he was bringing negativity to the forum is what I meant by that. Seriously get your panties out of a bunch

BRichertHill

Apr 4, 2023
    Baltimore Maryland
    & I thought online forums were for people to comment on, not complain about people commenting on. ‘ grumpy old man ‘ is spot on for you buddy

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    It literally meant he was bringing negativity to the forum is what I meant by that. Seriously get your panties out of a bunch
    & I thought online forums were for people to comment on, not complain about people commenting on. ‘ grumpy old man ‘ is spot on for you buddy
    Lemme guess, you work in HR. Enjoy your stay, no matter how brief... :rolleyes:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Submitted 3-1
    Accepted 3-6
    Nics 3-11
    Assigned investigator 4-10
    Approved 4-21 @ 1:50pm (23HGP-153XXX)
    Took longer than I expected?
    46 days accepted to approved you are at the upper range of the running average so all the people waiting need to watch to see if a new trend is developing. There may be an increase in workload because of all the negative press. At the height of the wave it was running 60+ days IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom