• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firetick1

Jul 22, 2020
    Seeing all of these 8/30’s and 8/31’s get their approvals has me excited since I’m a 9/1. Come on with those 9/1 approvals.

dmark1021

Apr 11, 2021
    Applied 08/26
    Accepted 08/30
    NICS 10/26
    Approved TBD
    22HGP-0780XX

Interesting to see folks after mine are approved, but mine is still pending...

jcarte29

Aug 29, 2022
    Charlotte, NC
    It's Christmas week here! Mailbox should have my MD wear & carry any day now (Approved 11/01) but I just got the email from the Washington, DC MPD with my digital CC Pistol Permit! Great Friday!

Coincidentally enough all 3 of my permits (NC, MD, Wash,DC) all expire within a month of each other (by Dec 2024) given that I have had my NC permit 3 years already lol (ours are 5 year permits).

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    It's Christmas week here! Mailbox should have my MD wear & carry any day now (Approved 11/01) but I just got the email from the Washington, DC MPD with my digital CC Pistol Permit! Great Friday!

Coincidentally enough all 3 of my permits (NC, MD, Wash,DC) all expire within a month of each other (by Dec 2024) given that I have had my NC permit 3 years already lol (ours are 5 year permits).

I need to do my dc permits now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcarte29

Aug 29, 2022
    Charlotte, NC
    I need to do my dc permits now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to take an additional trip to VA/DC in order to hand deliver my app to MPD (qualified for both MD and DC prior month of Aug in Fairfax, VA). I made it a 2 night stay and clinched some landmarks I had yet to see in person. Even did a tour of the US Capitol. Very pleased that both MD and DC are now done at same time, I was expecting closer to Christmas for DC.

Zelaya

Nov 1, 2022
    MD
    Maybe I'm going to ask this question on the wrong thread but here it goes. I've seen people here applying for their non-resident CCW. Currently, I have a Utah CCW permit. My understanding Virginia and North Carolina are on the Utah CCW list. That's my priority state for now. For those who have a non-resident CCW permit, do you also have a Utah permit?

Hopefully, my MD permit is currently in my mailbox from 11/01 approval.

jcarte29

Aug 29, 2022
    Charlotte, NC
    Maybe I'm going to ask this question on the wrong thread but here it goes. I've seen people here applying for their non-resident CCW. Currently, I have a Utah CCW permit. My understanding Virginia and North Carolina are on the Utah CCW list. That's my priority state for now. For those who have a non-resident CCW permit, do you also have a Utah permit?

Hopefully, my MD permit is currently in my mailbox from 11/01 approval.

I can only speak for my state (NC) with full confidence. NC will accept ALL state permits. This is why we do not offer "Non Resident Permits" except in limited circumstances for Active Duty Military who still have residency away from base.

I have no need for Utah's NR permit because my NC permit is reciprocated in 37 other states (38 including NC obv). I now have MD and DC because they are a state and a district that don't recognize ANY OTHER state permits, and my work takes me to that region a lot. I refuse not to carry especially to regions I am unfamiliar with.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Zelaya

Nov 1, 2022
    MD
    I can only speak for my state (NC) with full confidence. NC will accept ALL state permits. This is why we do not offer "Non Resident Permits" except in limited circumstances for Active Duty Military who still have residency away from base.

I have no need for Utah's NR permit because my NC permit is reciprocated in 37 other states (38 including NC obv). I now have MD and DC because they are a state and a district that don't recognize ANY OTHER state permits, and my work takes me to that region a lot. I refuse not to carry especially to regions I am unfamiliar with.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the information. I go to NC and Virginia very frequently so you're saying I'm good in NC with my MD permit down there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom