• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjmsam

The Skeptic
    As many of us know, approvals haven't been coming on the weekends, so this will be the last update for the next 72 hours or so.

Averages as of Wednesday, 8/17:

View attachment 377044

And today, 8/19:

View attachment 377046

The big, gross bumps in recent averages continues. :sad20:

"Accepteds" are, however, and considering those averages, 3.5 days is encouraging:

702XX
    initiated Tuesday 8/16 morning
    submitted Tuesday 8/16 evening
    accepted Saturday 8/20 morning

HQL "Approved" and issued in 24 hours.
    Nice! Per MSI, I'll be applying for HQL after HGP is approved.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just did both this week. 77r "accepted in about 30 minutes. HQL "Approved" and issued in 24 hours.
    Oh no, now I'm worried.

I relied on the delays we were seeing to submit my application yesterday, hoping for a September approval. Just checked, still "submitted." <phew>

subman

BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2015
    I must have missed it, but when people are saying that they are e.g. 7/21ers are they referring to their submitted or accepted date? Thx.

It's supposed to be accepted date but the thread is a mess. Some people state their approval or accepted.. then when asked for clarification they say they made a mistake. Lately people are using accepted + NICS for further granularity.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    If it takes a week to approve a single day of accepted apps, looks like 23ers like myself won’t be approved for another 4weeks
    Well every weekend after Bruen seems to stack up on Mondays, Mondays are essentially 3 days worth of submissions, Ok maybe 2.5 days, because of the need of 16 hopurs of training most classes at least have the qualification on the weekends if not the whole class so as people finish classes they get submitted on the weekend. I started my Permit app on the week of like a week after bruen, my first 8 hours of training was 7/9 my qualification was 7/31, I did my fingerprints on 7/29 submitted my app after getting home with my certification.

SafeTartar

Jul 15, 2022
    Bethesda
    It's supposed to be accepted date but the thread is a mess. Some people state their approval or accepted.. then when asked for clarification they say they made a mistake. Lately people are using accepted + NICS for further granularity.
    Thanks. Maybe going forward people could use longhand and actually say: Sub7/21 or Acc8/1 or Nics#/## or App#/## or whatever. Obviously I have no say, but just a thought. As for me, stuck on Acc8/1, nothing since.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    There was longhand, all the way back on post #2. People gave up because obviously you've read all 180 pages of this thread, lol.

Applications are currently being approved based on acceptance date, regardless (sadly) of submission date. A 7/21er is someone who was accepted 7/21 (but may have submitted 7/6 for example).

On Monday, when approvals start again, they will be processing 7/19 acceptance dates (no one knows when they will move to 7/20 - could be monday, or it could be late next week).

Yes, people are conflating approval with acceptance.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Oh no, now I'm worried.

I relied on the delays we were seeing to submit my application yesterday, hoping for a September approval. Just checked, still "submitted." <phew>
    You're probably safe, it would be record time to see an approval by September for something submitted yesterday. I am actually hoping mine gets delayed by a a few a couple of weeks more (app accepted on 7/20, so that doesn't seem likely now) to get the bonus year based on approval relative to birth date.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    You're again spouting negative Nellie stuff. You 100% state things are happening and are quickly refuted. Give it a rest.
    I got mine in 19 days ergo everyone will get theirs in 19 days is not an argument. Some people are seeing delays on 77rs and HQLs. Some people got their WC in 19 days too. And at the rate MSP is processing HGPs, about 1600 a week, it will be a long time - more than 90 days - before they get through the over 20k apps that they have. It is what it is. MSP only has so many people.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    You're again spouting negative Nellie stuff. You 100% state things are happening and are quickly refuted. Give it a rest.
    Here I hope this optimism makes you feel better.

6ql1yl.jpg

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    Thanks. Maybe going forward people could use longhand and actually say: Sub7/21 or Acc8/1 or Nics#/## or App#/## or whatever. Obviously I have no say, but just a thought. As for me, stuck on Acc8/1, nothing since.
    Got the same dates as you, I think we're gonna be waiting till sometime in September

SafeTartar

Jul 15, 2022
    Bethesda
    Applications are currently being approved based on acceptance date, regardless (sadly) of submission date. A 7/21er is someone who was accepted 7/21 (but may have submitted 7/6 for example).

On Monday, when approvals start again, they will be processing 7/19 acceptance dates (no one knows when they will move to 7/20 - could be monday, or it could be late next week).
    Thanks but I am now unquestionably depressed :rockon:I thought the current batch was 7/19 submitted date. I'm 8/1 accepted (Sub7/21). In short, this is not my week. The good news is that I can deactivate the auto-refresh on my browser ;-)

Side note: I will give MSP and MDGov some credit for their servers. With thousands of us hitting the refresh every few seconds, their site remains very responsive. If only their 'servers' could be tasked with the approvals :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom