• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Not prior military, but I've had the Feds so far up my butt with all the various alphabet soup clearances I've had in my career and it hasn't helped with these types of things. When I went through the process for TSA pre check, the extent of all the checks I've had for my clearances didn't speed up the process. It's a crock of $hit as my clearances are more thorough than any of these types of background checks.

Greenshield

Nov 16, 2009
    Easton, MD
    Not prior military, but I've had the Feds so far up my butt with all the various alphabet soup clearances I've had in my career and it hasn't helped with these types of things. When I went through the process for TSA pre check, the extent of all the checks I've had for my clearances didn't speed up the process. It's a crock of $hit as my clearances are more thorough than any of these types of background checks.
    I'm on the same boat, my background is done regularly by the USSS for clearance to respond onto the grounds of the Whitehouse. They should all be able to talk to each other for backgrounds.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Why would you think MSP would have access to any OPM/DOD clearance info of yours? There's not one main database of people's clearances.

PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020
    Are all of these dates (i.e. Accepted, NICS, etc...) displayed on the HGP applications tab of the Licensing portal? Just curious as I've seen a number of folks with similar Accepted dates to my own that have a NICS date, but I'm not seeing that on mine yet.
    Submitted 8/10
    Accepted 8/15
    Nothing further
    no. click print app.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Will NICS (or assigned to investigator) show up on the portal dashboard page or do you have to actually push the print application tab to see the NICS number?

My printed application page has the same date for my NICS as my accepted date but no NICS number yet.

blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    Will NICS (or assigned to investigator) show up on the portal dashboard page or do you have to actually push the print application tab to see the NICS number?

My printed application page has the same date for my NICS as my accepted date but no NICS number yet.
    Assigned to Investigator shows up on Dashboard but NCIS does not.

1faststang

Sep 23, 2022
    Waldorf
    Well just got home. Was approvWoo-hoo. At 9am. So an early approval and just checked mail today and still nothing. Got a hospital bill though !! Woohoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom