• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    I just can't imagine little things like that matter. Especially with the number they have been approving per day. But, better safe than sorry....

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    usps website says 1st class mail is 1-5 biz days(not guaranteed) lmao.

Gotta say the wait at the mailbox is easier because i know its coming but more frustrating.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It sounds like they've picked up speed on the approvals. Is that right?

A few weeks ago it was looking like they were going to start going over 90 days, but now they're under two months.

Applicant3467

BANNED!!!
    Oct 6, 2022
    Mount Airy, MD
    It sounds like they've picked up speed on the approvals. Is that right?

A few weeks ago it was looking like they were going to start going over 90 days, but now they're under two months.
    It took them 4 days to go through 8/15 submissions and only one day to finish 8/16 and start approving 8/17. May be there are less pending applications past 8/15, and if that the case then approvals to those who applied after 8/16 may come sooner than expected.

fishoholic

Aug 24, 2022
    Eastern shore
    i submitted on a Friday and it wasn't accepted until the following wedensday... so i'm thinking there may be a few outliers but maybe they wait until they have a determined amount of subs and they accept them in groups.

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It took them 4 days to go through 8/15 submissions and only one day to finish 8/16 and start approving 8/17. May be there are less pending applications past 8/15, and if that the case then approvals to those who applied after 8/16 may come sooner than expected.
    The number of applications submitted and approved any given day varies greatly so some approval dates only take one day to clear and some take four or five days. You need to look at the average number of days over a number of weeks to even out the variations. So far the trend has been getting longer, when mine was approved the average was 30 days from acceptance to approval now it is almost 60 days and until I see that trend start to decrease over several weeks of reporting I will remain pessimistic.

People are no longer regularly reporting their application numbers and how long between their start of application and when it was submitted so it is difficult to estimate the number of applications in the system or being submitted on a single day ( on 6/23 the application numbers were in the 16,3XX range, today the application numbers are over 100,0XX [~84,000 applications started]; permit numbers were were about 45,4XX now they are 74,5XX [~29,100 permits granted] ). They also seem to be obsessed with the NICS date and number which has very little bearing in the process because it is only one of the databases checked and as long as it is completed at some time before approval it is OK, some people get multiple dates and the MSP doesn't even bother to either post it to the dashboard or notify the applicant.

There are three and a half months worth of data in the Tracking, Banter, and Application Number threads and I have looked at every single post in those threads and others that deal with the wear and carry situation. Anyone who is really interested in understanding the process should review the archive of information available on this forum and other internet resources and do their own analysis. The historical record is freely available for anyone who cares to look.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Regular mail. "informed delivery" is the service you can subscribe to with USPS. It means they (your local post office) scan the envelopes and send you images a day before delivering to your mailbox.

How do I do this

I don't know. Check with USPS may be?
    It appears you signed up with Informed Delivery, so what an incredibly rude, and snide remark.

Kil

Go get your fvc

May you live long, and prosper.

Applicant3467

BANNED!!!
    Oct 6, 2022
    Mount Airy, MD
    The number of applications submitted and approved any given day varies greatly so some approval dates only take one day to clear and some take four or five days. You need to look at the average number of days over a number of weeks to even out the variations. So far the trend has been getting longer, when mine was approved the average was 30 days from acceptance to approval now it is almost 60 days and until I see that trend start to decrease over several weeks of reporting I will remain pessimistic.

People are no longer regularly reporting their application numbers and how long between their start of application and when it was submitted so it is difficult to estimate the number of applications in the system or being submitted on a single day ( on 6/23 the application numbers were in the 16,3XX range, today the application numbers are over 100,0XX [~84,000 applications started]; permit numbers were were about 45,4XX now they are 74,5XX [~29,100 permits granted] ). They also seem to be obsessed with the NICS date and number which has very little bearing in the process because it is only one of the databases checked and as long as it is completed at some time before approval it is OK, some people get multiple dates and the MSP doesn't even bother to either post it to the dashboard or notify the applicant.

There are three and a half months worth of data in the Tracking, Banter, and Application Number threads and I have looked at every single post in those threads and others that deal with the wear and carry situation. Anyone who is really interested in understanding the process should review the archive of information available on this forum and other internet resources and do their own analysis. The historical record is freely available for anyone who cares to look.

I agree, there is a lot of data to look through. Unfortunately, if you are like me (someone with full time job and other responsibilities), it's not worth investing tremendous amount of time going through each post, page by page (188 pages so far), and reading each comment, to get a deeper understanding of what is going on. At the end of the day you are just curious how fast/slow the processing time is and when you may expect to get your application approved.
    Besides, I already have my permit. I wouldn't exactly say either that I am optimistic of what is to come, who knows, tomorrow some crazy thing may happen somewhere and MSP may place a permanent/emergency hold on processing of apps and etc. I just suggested that may be things will get better for those who applied after 8/16. May be they won't.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I agree, there is a lot of data to look through. Unfortunately, if you are like me (someone with full time job and other responsibilities), it's not worth investing tremendous amount of time going through each post, page by page (188 pages so far), and reading each comment, to get a deeper understanding of what is going on. At the end of the day you are just curious how fast/slow the processing time is and when you may expect to get your application approved.
    Besides, I already have my permit. I wouldn't exactly say either that I am optimistic of what is to come, who knows, tomorrow some crazy thing may happen somewhere and MSP may place a permanent/emergency hold on processing of apps and etc. I just suggested that may be things will get better for those who applied after 8/16. May be they won't.
    Wait you have a full time job? Some much awe. Other responsibilities tooooooooooo? How do you find time to get all that done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom