• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    WTF are you talking about?

The 1.9% figure is good for the 63,935 apps, but the 98.1% figure is not.

Nor is the 98.1% good for the 36K approved + denied apps.

Kil

Go get your fuc

May you live a long and healthy life!!
    Let me explain it slowly....

You admit that the 1.9% disapproval rate is correct in... yet you still insist that the 98.1% approval rate is incorrect in your statement above. How do you figure that logically? Doesn't 1.9+98.1=100? Is there some 3rd catagoy of completed permit status that you're aware of other than approved or disaproved that makes up the 100% of all completely processed applications? You must've been taught some kind or common core math and therefore feel you can justify your answer as correct to those of us that understand 2+2=4. I think you are conflating completely processed applications with applications still in the pipeline or you are simply choosing to argue.

Here's the thing...no one really cares because this is simply a tracking thread so that the people still waiting on appovals can estimate how much longer it will take for MSP to process their permits.

Have a nice day!

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Let me explain it slowly....

You admit that the 1.9% disapproval rate is correct in... yet you still insist that the 98.1% approval rate is incorrect in your statement above. How do you figure that logically? Doesn't 1.9+98.1=100? Is there some 3rd catagoy of completed permit status that you're aware of other than approved or disaproved that makes up the 100% of all completely processed applications? You must've been taught some kind or common core math and therefore feel you can justify your answer as correct to those of us that understand 2+2=4. I think you are conflating completely processed applications with applications still in the pipeline or you are simply choosing to argue.

Here's the thing...no one really cares because this is simply a tracking thread so that the people still waiting on appovals can estimate how much longer it will take for MSP to process their permits.

Have a nice day!
    Yes, 1.9% + 98.1% = 100%

1.9% of 63,900+ is indeed 1,200 +/-

In no way does the 98.1% factor in to 63,900+ figure provided by the MSP

You think I'm stupid, but I know I'm stupid, but I also know I am right

I will not be crass, and suggest you gargle with Zep brand muriatic acid, nor will I suggest 'across the street, not up the road', and I won't deign to write 'Have a nice day.'

I will simply shake my head ruefully, and note that I like turtles.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yes, 1.9% + 98.1% = 100%

1.9% of 63,900+ is indeed 1,200 +/-

In no way does the 98.1% factor in to 63,900+ figure provided by the MSP

You think I'm stupid, but I know I'm stupid, but I also know I am right

I will not be crass, and suggest you gargle with Zep brand muriatic acid, nor will I suggest 'across the street, not up the road', and I won't deign to write 'Have a nice day.'

I will simply shake my head ruefully, and note that I like turtles.
    Eruby,

It is like trying to argue 3% antimony with Somdshoot a waste of electrons.

For the Noobes it starts at post #7 then #13 and goes on into MDS Epic threads file:

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Am I wrong in thinking the COULD automate these checks and then flag for human follow-up anything that pops? They could clear out the backlog in no time if automated.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Some background checks need human intervention. It’s MSP choice to check 16 databases and some of those are not binary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITG

Jan 26, 2011
    Frederick County
    Make sure you select HGP exempt and NOT training exempt. When I did mine, I initially selected training exempt and when I was presented with the upload screen, I backed up and found my mistake. After selecting HGP exempt it didn’t request any document upload.
    I believe even with this method there is a place where you can upload a document. Confused me at first as well and I just skipped that part and hit submit. Got the HQL back in about 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom