• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeh

Sep 1, 2022
    MoCo
    I'm an 8/15er too. Be GLAD you're NOT a Delaware resident waiting for our CCDW. It's 6 months!
    Just get UT if you plan on carrying in DE. UT has reciprocity in DE (for now at least). They usually turn those around in 60 days.

jim

MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2015
    Does anyone know what the time of day cut off for the permit to be mailed? Feel like I saw it somewhere, but couldn't find. I was approved at 14:08, hoping it drops in the mail today :)

jim

MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2015
    Does anyone know what the time of day cut off for the permit to be mailed? Feel like I saw it somewhere, but couldn't find. I was approved at 14:08, hoping it drops in the mail today :)
    I think one of you guys should park outside the LD to see what time the mail leaves

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'd probably be willing to do that today - pull mine from the stack, save us tax payers a stamp!

BigTruck_ZeroF$$ks

Aug 9, 2022
    Baltimore
    I did read somewhere and I think it’d it’s approved before 2pm, it’s mailed same day if I read that correctly. Don’t hold me to it.

Last edited:

blacklab25

Mar 26, 2013
    Mardela Springs
    8/5 app accepted
    9/13 nics
    When should i expect email for investigator assigned? Does that come after 8/4s are approved? Havent seen anything. Does everybody get a cjis letter? Havent seen that either.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    FWIW, Mrs Occam just got her CJIS letter (asserting they're pretty sure she's not a criminal, which just shows you what a shrewd, careful criminal she actually is) - over a week after getting the permit approval. That "we've passed your prints along to the requesting party, and we don't find you're a criminal" letter seems to be issued at an utterly random pace. Now we'll see if she gets two of them, which I for some reason did on my first go-round some years back.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    FWIW, Mrs Occam just got her CJIS letter (asserting they're pretty sure she's not a criminal, which just shows you what a shrewd, careful criminal she actually is) - over a week after getting the permit approval. That "we've passed your prints along to the requesting party, and we don't find you're a criminal" letter seems to be issued at an utterly random pace. Now we'll see if she gets two of them, which I for some reason did on my first go-round some years back.

I got my letter almost a month after my permit.

Govt efficiency and all that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Alright, so if you’ve received that letter and don’t have an NICS number yet…how long are you waiting??
    Receiving the CJIS letter and the act of someone at MDSPLD running (and recording!) your NICS check are completely separate things that have nothing to do with each other schedule-wise. Some people are getting their NICS run/documented moments before their approval is issued, or like my wife, NICS was run more than a month before they approved her permit. The only real thing that you can and should hang your hat on is when your application was accepted. Right now, they're approving people who were accepted 8/4-ish. You can use that as a rough guide for what you're expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom