MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    finally got a nics number

applied 7/30
    approved 8/4
    nics 9/12 with number
    permit number ?

any idea for the time frame of permit in hand ?

My guess is that you're 7-12 days + 8/3 processing + 3-5 days shipping away from permit in hand. Probably 2-3 weeks away.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I was just lazy. I'm DD214 training exempt so I really have no excuse. I should have applied right away, but instead I waited for the first wave of training classes to wrap up and got bunched in with everyone else.

Yeah I was in Canada when I heard the news of Bruen. I booked training as quickly as I could and submitted the night I finished training. I waited almost 2 weeks to be accepted and that pushed me into 8/2 so I am waiting like a lot of other people.

I submitted my DC permit app on 8/5. It took me a while to find a day where I could waste 4+ hours driving to and from and completing the App.

I submitted FL late last week.

Will submit PA when I finally get my MD permit.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    If 100 people show up at the One Hour Photo (where are my Depends), it is no longer the One Hour Photo. If 1,000 people show up, it is chaos.

swinokur, squaregrouper, et al got permits asap as the got in on the ground floor.

Now the jackbooted thugs dedicated Troopers at MSP have >20,000 apps, and counting.

I have no delusions that I'll be approved any time soon.

And all ya'll boo-hoo-hooing about your 7/31, 8/3, and 8/6 acceptance dates, you can take succor in that you're several weeks ahead of this loser here.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Yeah I was in Canada when I heard the news of Bruen. I booked training as quickly as I could and submitted the night I finished training. I waited almost 2 weeks to be accepted and that pushed me into 8/2 so I am waiting like a lot of other people.

I submitted my DC permit app on 8/5. It took me a while to find a day where I could waste 4+ hours driving to and from and completing the App.

I submitted FL late last week.

Will submit PA when I finally get my MD permit.
    I still have to do D.C. Definitely headed straight to PA as soon as I get the MD permit in hand.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• A3D09511-E8FE-492A-8AB1-13698BB5A380.jpeg
      A3D09511-E8FE-492A-8AB1-13698BB5A380.jpeg
      154.3 KB · Views: 49

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I screwed up.

I’m a 28er.
    Got my email notification of approval on Friday 9/9/22 .

However, checking the MSP portal. On the wear and carry section. It noted that I was approved. My permit number stayed. With no restrictions .Then in a red box. It stated “ for informal review.” I have 10 days to request for a review. Clicking on the box gave me an option to cancel or request for a review.

I clicked cancel( since I was approved). But nothing happened. The red box kept popping up. Yesterday, I clicked “ request a review”

Nooooooo!!!!!!

The approval status became “ for informal review. And page 7 disappeared . The approval page vanished from the portal.

A quick email to MSP was sent yesterday to explain the situation.

I was expecting a couple of days for a response. Within minutes. MSP sent an acknowledgement Email. It dated that they will get back with my in two days.

To my surprise. An email from MSP was sent out around 5:20am this morning. Stating that they had corrected the error and removed the “ for informal review status” on my file.

An informal review is an appeal. But there was nothing to appeal as the application was approved.

MSP is working hard to get these permits processed. Hats off to the troopers burning the midnight oil.

Thank you for such a quick resolution.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I hope it’s removed as part of the redesign unless of course you are denied. Then it should be there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I had so much hope for today after that handful received approvals early this morning. But it's been crickets ever since. I really thought (and still hope) today would be my day. I had this date circled on my calendar since I got a NICS number Aug 26th.

They day is not over.

Patience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom