• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    You must be rich!!!!

One of two things will break in the coming weeks: my wallet or my will to obsessively check my application status.

Put your Bloomberg money into buying a new AG!

And then a Thompson SMG. Rumors of a fat guy swinging from the running boards of a large truck, cigar in mouth, screaming something like "myeah, never gonna get me copper, see" while laying waste to something down range will be unconfirmed...but hilarious...

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo
    I do have an HQL, DD214, and Collectors Designation. But, I'm going to bet that in the end none of that matters at all. We'll see but I'd put money on us both being approved in the same batch, within a couple days of each other, depending on how many 8/5s there are. People would probably be a little less stressed if no one noticed that NICS date on the Print screen. I suspect they don't send an email on it for good reason.
    Thank You for your Service, CrazyTrain....

Oops....left out my Collectors Designation as well..thanks. But there is a key differentiator....my hypothesis (which I posted a while back in the other channel) was that DD214, due to training exemption (no need to check training or trainer validity) may allow MSP to fast track that application vs others. We aren't capturing that data in our tracking sheet, but my hypothesis is that we would see a statistically significant difference in timelines if we separated the former LEO/DD214 cohort from the rest of us regular Joes. Just a thought. Not a data scientist, nor do I play one on TV, but was a damn good engineer back in the day....

There is a Masters Thesis or Ph.D buried in all this data at MSP when this is all said and done....

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thank You for your Service, CrazyTrain....

Oops....left out my Collectors Designation as well..thanks. But there is a key differentiator....my hypothesis (which I posted a while back in the other channel) was that DD214, due to training exemption (no need to check training or trainer validity) may allow MSP to fast track that application vs others. We aren't capturing that data in our tracking sheet, but my hypothesis is that we would see a statistically significant difference in timelines if we separated the former LEO/DD214 cohort from the rest of us regular Joes. Just a thought. Not a data scientist, nor do I play one on TV, but was a damn good engineer back in the day....

There is a Masters Thesis or Ph.D buried in all this data at MSP when this is all said and done....
    I have a DD214, retired LEO and I also do my LEOSA qualifications with the State of Maryland in Sykesville. My card is right in their database.
    App accepted 8/9.
    Nothing yet.

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    Would it not make more sense to allow this to branch out to sheriffs departments across Maryland? Isn’t that how Pennsylvania does it? That would alleviate the personnel problem.

Just an idea.
    The inconsistency would lay the groundwork for a lot of other issues. MoCo, PG, and BMore would take the full 90 days to process just for the Lulz while Wilmico, FredCo, etc would probably get it done same day.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    1661271535831.png

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    The inconsistency would lay the groundwork for a lot of other issues. MoCo, PG, and BMore would take the full 90 days to process just for the Lulz while Wilmico, FredCo, etc would probably get it done same day.
    Yeah, I don't know if I'd apply if I had to go through either the PG Sheriff, PGPD, or local Laurel Police. Whether they have the legal authority or not, the local politicos would turn it back into shall issue, and you can't slip a couple Ben Franklins in with the paperwork if it's done electronically.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I'm going to donate $5 to MSI every single time I check my application and don't have an update for NICS or approval.

They should be able to buy the MGA by September, I think.
    That's a great idea. Maybe MDS could institute a charge to post.

$5 to post in the tracking thread.

$10 to post in the banter thread.

All goes to MSI.

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    Not give them free rein. Allow them to pull an application to move it to approved. They get one application per officer, with a time limit for completion.

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not give them free rein. Allow them to pull an application to move it to approved. They get one application per officer, with a time limit for completion.
    That's the issue the time limit by "statute" is 90 days. I can see them assigning an officer to pull applications hold them for 80+ days and then batch approve them on day 89.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Saw a fellow 28er get some NICS love. Just cost myself $5. :lol2:
    You might get off cheap today. My NICS came through today too. Thats at least 3 of us 28'ers that got some love. (posted in the tracking thread).

See Teratos, all that biatching I did paid off. Now I have grip, but still only two cookies (which now have an excessive chip count).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom