• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    Oof was checking to see if I got my nics yet and the portal doesnt show me having any app in the dashboard anymore. Guess they deleted me.

(First time I've seen any bugs on the portal)

EDIT: Crisis averted, its there without a nics number still :D

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Is there anywhere that shows me which investigator handled my application?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Despite knowing better, I'm persistently checking the portal for my NICS number hoping for good news. I don't have a problem. Not at all.

My app was accepted 7/28. Today could be the day that I get to hurry up and wait some more!

Last edited:

Jake4now

Not Disapproved
    Jul 20, 2022
    Baltimore County MD
    I applied back in July, I expected to have my permit in hand by now, but I just realized tomorrow is my birthday, so hopefully, I don't get approved today or tomorrow so I can get almost an extra year out of it since it expires on your birthday after the 2 year mark. That being said, I'm sure the trooper who watches these threads will pull mine to the front of the pile just to screw me.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I applied back in July, I expected to have my permit in hand by now, but I just realized tomorrow is my birthday, so hopefully, I don't get approved today or tomorrow so I can get almost an extra year out of it since it expires on your birthday after the 2 year mark. That being said, I'm sure the trooper who watches these threads will pull mine to the front of the pile just to screw me.
    It expires at the end of the month of your birthday. So you want it approved the following month.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Don't stress the NICS. It'll be ok. I don't think the date matters two wits. I got mine just a few days after acceptance
    Happy birthday

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Applied 8/1
    Accepted 8/8

Wishing I would’ve followed MSI’s advice and applied on 6/23. Also, wondering if it made sense to dig my heels in and tell them they can pound sand with their unconstitutional HQL for almost a decade, only to now have to get it to buy a carry pistol.
    Same here. I was worried MSP would pull something like deny all the applications before official guidance was released on some technically like “they used the wrong application” or “they answered a question that is no longer in the application.” I’m surprised the licensing division isn’t as strict as it could be.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Same here. I was worried MSP would pull something like deny all the applications before official guidance was released on some technically like “they used the wrong application” or “they answered a question that is no longer in the application.” I’m surprised the licensing division isn’t as strict as it could be.
    Why won’t they do these things?

Attachments

• A379EB88-4C23-4425-8CC6-D7FC4586B76E.png
      A379EB88-4C23-4425-8CC6-D7FC4586B76E.png
      200.6 KB · Views: 74

44Dan44

DD 214 Exempt
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 15, 2022
    Owings, Maryland
    Probably everyone on here jamming up the system "clicking refresh every minute" it will probably move a lot faster if everyone just waits until you get your email to check it.
    Probably be better if I stopped eating bacon and smoking but I'm not gonna do that either :lol2:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Delays are being caused by Frosh, who has figured out how to screw with MSP's system. No truth to the rumor that he's doing it while gloomily yanking it to a picture of RBG, wishing for a different outcome in Bruen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom