• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    Does anybody else NEVER get emails, and now that we have seen approvals come hot and heavy for several different acceptance dates, and now are getting a bunch of stupid emails all of sudden? Every time my phone goes off I get excited and then open the email and its some stupid marketing email.

Only 3 e mails I ever received outside of 77r stuff was
    Submitted e mail
    Accepted e mail
    Approval e mail

I got no other notifications or emails from MSP

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I'm wondering if a second (or third, etc) team has been brought online and instead of inserting them into the assembly line in a linear fashion, the took a chunk of apps from further in the pipeline and now they're more or less parallel processing blocks of applications instead of sequentially by date.

WhiskeyHelps

Aug 17, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    I'm wondering if a second (or third, etc) team has been brought online and instead of inserting them into the assembly line in a linear fashion, the took a chunk of apps from further in the pipeline and now they're more or less parallel processing blocks of applications instead of sequentially by date.
    That’s definitely a good possibility.. hard to say exactly what has changed, but no doubt they are doing something different

PlumbJohn

Aug 8, 2022
    Baltimore
    I think we're getting accepted and approved mixed up here. There is no way anybody got a permit 3 weeks after accepted date.
    If they are talking receiving the actual card, 3 weeks after approval is ridiculously long. Mine was approved on a Tuesday and my card was in my mailbox that Saturday.
    I'm thinking 1 week from approval to having the card is a fair estimate.
    my approval was 50 days from accepted, then card in hand in 5 more days

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Does anyone else have a mailing address different than their physical address? I have my mail delivered to a PO Box but had to list my physical address in my application.

I'm anxious that, if approved, MSP will automatically mail my card to my physical address and it will be returned to sender. I don't see an option in my account to update my mailing address.

MVA does claim to have my mailing address on file but I'm not sure MSP would use their database.
    Why would it be returned? Is there some physical reason USPS can’t leave mail at your residence? (Figuring PO box was out of convenience.)

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I believe these random 8/10's and 8/15's were just that. Either ppl mistyped, didnt remember their accepted dates or it was random. Again just speculation.

It looks like progress on approvals has resumed in the correct order as only 8/8's have been the majority in the forums.

The more and more people receive their cards the more the tracking thread will become the official banter thread.

13-15 days for approval after NICS seems to be the wait time atm. 8/15 guys destract yourselves with something for 2 weeks.

Antlers09

Aug 6, 2013
    MD
    **Pure Speculation**
    If we keep seeing several different acceptance days getting approved, maybe MSP has started assigning all applications accepted on a certain day to a single individual.
    One reviewer gets all the 8/6s, another gets all 8/7s, and so on down the line.
    Individual days will take longer to get through, but you can be working on several dates at once. Again, just a thought.

Maybe they are on this forum and want to f with us since they know we are tracking the data!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013
    That’s definitely a good possibility.. hard to say exactly what has changed, but no doubt they are doing something different
    I was told that MSP has brought in assistance from another state agency to assist. Not sure what that looks like in the process but obviously adds more manpower.

Jay5687

Mar 12, 2015
    Question I see some people posting pics of the letter of approval via usps is this something they have setup from their post office to show what’s coming or what

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Question I see some people posting pics of the letter of approval via usps is this something they have setup from their post office to show what’s coming or what
    Informed Delivery by USPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom