• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I know that… I’m an instructor… but if you had 6 months. It would be spread out over a little more time, and it would give them more time to process.

however, you still always have those that do last minute
    Or maybe they could send someone up to PA one afternoon and try and find out what their secret is

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I mean, one would hope that they know how many permits they will have issued this year, be able to divide that by 12 and then project how much capacity they'll need to deal with that, then procure that capacity (people, process changes, modernized systems, etc) over the next two years. if they're really smart, they'll also track next years permit totals and begin to deduce a trend upon which manpower and budgeting decisions can be forecast.

who am i kidding, once the MGA meets in January, ain't no one got to worry about what happens at renewal time.
    (i kid, somewhat)

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Is there a link to sign up? Or is a class required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have to apply in person at a WV county Sheriff's department. None have online apps AFAIK. Here's a link to Berkeley county (where I applied, as it's just across the Potomac from me). There is a training requirement (or DD214 in lieu of) - they accept NRA basic pistol training IIRC. their training requirement is broader than MD and there's not a specific state-mandated course.

https://www.berkeleywv.org/261/Apply-for-a-Concealed-Weapon-Permit

Here's a link to FAQs through the state:

https://ago.wv.gov/gunreciprocity/Pages/FAQ.aspx

BH8911

Jan 27, 2015
    I was Approved on 9/13 still have not received permit. Anyone else gone past week with not receiving theirs?

GNLuver

MDS Supporter
    Aug 31, 2022
    Waldorf
    I did get lucky with my approval. My permit does not expire until 8/30/2025, so I get 35 months. Hopefully have it in hand today or tomorrow.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Approval came through around 5:30 this morning. Glad the waiting is over. Going to head to get my PA as soon as I actually get the physical card.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    You have to apply in person at a WV county Sheriff's department. None have online apps AFAIK. Here's a link to Berkeley county (where I applied, as it's just across the Potomac from me). There is a training requirement (or DD214 in lieu of) - they accept NRA basic pistol training IIRC. their training requirement is broader than MD and there's not a specific state-mandated course.

https://www.berkeleywv.org/261/Apply-for-a-Concealed-Weapon-Permit

Here's a link to FAQs through the state:

https://ago.wv.gov/gunreciprocity/Pages/FAQ.aspx
    How long was the wait for app processing?

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Anyone in the 8/10-8/20 range seeing any movement?
    nope. 8/9 is currently where NICS checks are, as of yesterday or the day before.. It seems to take 3 or 4 days to get through each single day of Accepted days. I suspect we'll start to see 8/10 NICS checks start rolling in early next week. I'm hoping, selfishly (I'm an 8/10), they'll roll in earlier, like over the weekend, but I'm both pessimistic and trying to set my expectations low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom