• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Just an FYI I received an update notification today on my iPad, 8.1.3
    It seem to have fixed the issues I was having with people's avatar's being wrong and emoticons being in the wrong place, just figured I throw it out there.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Oooops... I thought someone knew something about me that I didn't know...:o
    Nevermind... :innocent0

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I always skip the Apple updates. It bites me in the ass when I switch devices and am forced to update. It takes me weeks to figure out how to use them.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Doesn't seem the update does anything for Safari (download chrome if it does it again). Only time my IPad shows funky things is when this site crashes :(

This release includes bug fixes, increased stability and performance improvements, including:
    Reduces the amount of storage required to perform a software update
    Fixes an issue that prevented some users from entering their Apple ID password for Messages and FaceTime
    Addresses an issue that caused Spotlight to stop displaying app results
    Fixes an issue which prevented multitasking gestures from working on iPad
    Adds new configuration options for education standardized testing
    For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    One suggestion would be to back up your device before you install the update. That gives you a way out in case it doesn't work right.

So how do you back up a phone? I got a notice there was an upgrade available for my iPhone today.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I thought there was no way to back out of a update on a iPhone but I heard that a couple other brands you could.

I get msgs with an option to update. I usually just ignore them. I went to the Apple store to get help syncing Mac Book, iPad and iPhone and ass hat at the "Genius Bar", kind of high on themselves huh, went ahead and updated my phone w/o asking and I lost a bunch of stuff. I honestly don't know shit about any of these devices and have no idea how to back any of them up. I did subscribe to Carbonite for my computer though.

jbollman

MDCreeper
    Jul 9, 2009
    I think you are right you can not downgrade, but if you need to do a factory reset you can restore your data once done.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I'm totally convinced that upgrades are done for no other reason than to generate money for the makers. People get an OS that works great then the propeller heads come out with a new version that immediately needs patches and fixes just to work. I guess on the plus side they have created a huge job market for the nerds that get into this stuff and talk a language that is more foreign than Chinese to me. When I read some of the posts on here of people talking about computers I feel I'm in another country if not world.

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm totally convinced that upgrades are done for no other reason than to generate money for the makers. People get an OS that works great then the propeller heads come out with a new version that immediately needs patches and fixes just to work. I guess on the plus side they have created a huge job market for the nerds that get into this stuff and talk a language that is more foreign than Chinese to me. When I read some of the posts on here of people talking about computers I feel I'm in another country if not world.

...And the thingamabob's connected to the doohickey. And the doohickey's connected to the hoozit. And the hoozit's connected to.....

Egads!! THERE'S the problem. The hoozit isn't connected. Lemme fetch my hoozit wrench.:lol2:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I thought there was no way to back out of a update on a iPhone but I heard that a couple other brands you could.

You don't have to back out of it. Just don't do it... Your unit will continue to work without the latest version.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Apple does not charge for iOS updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom