• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    I’m excited to try it, seems better for concealment and a faster more consistent draw. Also the only accidental discharge I have first hand knowledge of was my roommate who got a line off of his hunting pack jammed in his holster at 4 o’clock. Being able to better see what your doing when holstering would have prevented it.
    But an accidental discharge with appendix carry is much more likely to be catastrophic. Also, there really is no reason fri accidental discharge when holstering because it doesn't need to be rushed. Take your time and do it safely.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    But an accidental discharge with appendix carry is much more likely to be catastrophic. Also, there really is no reason fri accidental discharge when holstering because it doesn't need to be rushed. Take your time and do it safely.
    That last for sure.

I've still not been carrying other than in the house. I'd imagine the right holster for appendix carry would make it more comfortable, but I can't sit with one for any length of time and have it be comfortable. Either it sits kind of high and if pokes me hard in the stomach unless I am really reclining back a fair amount, or it is crushing the beans and frank no matter how I try to locate it. It is pretty comfortable for walking around, but that is it. Both with my Cz50 and my G19.

Wearing at about the 3:30-4 o'clock position is the most comfortable for me and I can sit with no issues, thought 4 o'clock with the glock starts pushing the grip in to any seat backs. A cross draw at 4 might be better, which I haven't tried yet.

But I have found clothes matter a lot on concealability. The 19 is just very thick and is extremely noticeable except in appendix unless I am wearing very baggy clothes. 4 o'clock helps, but still pretty noticeable. My Cz50 hides away a heck of a lot better. At some point I want a micro 9 for carry. But my Cz50 is okay enough for now. And it gives me a good feel for what size works well. I like my G19 a lot, but I think it is going to be relegated to winter wear IWB, when I think it is appropriate to OWB, shoulder holster, or appendix if I don't need to sit down (which I can't think of a time, though I guess if I am putting it on because I think there is likely to be trouble and I am walking around to figure out what is going on).

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    That last for sure.

I've still not been carrying other than in the house. I'd imagine the right holster for appendix carry would make it more comfortable, but I can't sit with one for any length of time and have it be comfortable. Either it sits kind of high and if pokes me hard in the stomach unless I am really reclining back a fair amount, or it is crushing the beans and frank no matter how I try to locate it.

I'm running mine at about 1:00, so it's not really over the beans to crush them. As I sit or get up I might need to adjust a little but I just kind of let it ride up as my leg pushes it up. I have a hour commute each way and sit at a computer all day comfortably. Though it seemed less comfortable at first, now I'm more used to it.

I'm running a P-01, probably similar in size to your G19. I do have a WML and optic on it. Baggy cloths help a lot.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    So I have been testing the G19 in a Velo4. Other than the T1 clips the only issue I have is the transition from the wedge to where the slide lock lever is. It is not smooth and it make a small hot spot. I've considering options on it but haven't quite decided how I want to approach it. I really like that I don't need to tack on anything to the holster, like other AIWB holster and having to add a wedge. So I will continue to consider it and figure something out that isn't too intrusive.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    So I have been testing the G19 in a Velo4. Other than the T1 clips the only issue I have is the transition from the wedge to where the slide lock lever is. It is not smooth and it make a small hot spot. I've considering options on it but haven't quite decided how I want to approach it. I really like that I don't need to tack on anything to the holster, like other AIWB holster and having to add a wedge. So I will continue to consider it and figure something out that isn't too intrusive.
    Do you like the velo4 over the certum design?

sckno3

patience is a virtue
    May 7, 2013
    IMG_20221112_194122659.jpg
    IMG_20221112_194113414.jpg
    IMG_20221112_194101075.jpg
    IMG_20221112_194140573.jpg

appendix holster with claw and gel sole insert affixed with double-sided tape. works really well to help tilt the rear sight in toward the abdomen while tilting the barrel away from the body and helping minimize pressure points from the kydex. way more comfortable than carrying without it, and conceals a little better too.

its not a new idea, but i didnt see anyone having posted it here yet, so i wanted to share for the good of the order...

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    That last for sure.

I've still not been carrying other than in the house. I'd imagine the right holster for appendix carry would make it more comfortable, but I can't sit with one for any length of time and have it be comfortable. Either it sits kind of high and if pokes me hard in the stomach unless I am really reclining back a fair amount, or it is crushing the beans and frank no matter how I try to locate it. It is pretty comfortable for walking around, but that is it. Both with my Cz50 and my G19.

Wearing at about the 3:30-4 o'clock position is the most comfortable for me and I can sit with no issues, thought 4 o'clock with the glock starts pushing the grip in to any seat backs. A cross draw at 4 might be better, which I haven't tried yet.

But I have found clothes matter a lot on concealability. The 19 is just very thick and is extremely noticeable except in appendix unless I am wearing very baggy clothes. 4 o'clock helps, but still pretty noticeable. My Cz50 hides away a heck of a lot better. At some point I want a micro 9 for carry. But my Cz50 is okay enough for now. And it gives me a good feel for what size works well. I like my G19 a lot, but I think it is going to be relegated to winter wear IWB, when I think it is appropriate to OWB, shoulder holster, or appendix if I don't need to sit down (which I can't think of a time, though I guess if I am putting it on because I think there is likely to be trouble and I am walking around to figure out what is going on).
    Take a look at the Phlster. I can wear that sitting down or driving in a car. Did that the other night and was comfortable at 11:00 (left handed).

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Thanks. I have been considering a certum for travel so I don't have to pack multiple holsters to swap from AIWB to 330 position. Probably just stick with the velo and my old OWB kydex as the default.
    You could use a Certrum3 with a detachable wedge (velcro attached) to switch between the two carry positions. Be aware, however, that the Certrum3 doesn’t have a full sweat guard like the Velo4, so some of your slide will be in contact with skin when tucked AIWB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom