• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I just came across these and am intrigued. Not sure I'm intrigued enough to buy another revolver, but If I only had one revolver, this might be #2.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/948549591
    rhino1.jpg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Interesting concept, but odd enough that I'd really prefer to try before buy.

Having the barrel lower in the frame was seen in the early Browning 1899 and 1900 models, and the Steyr 1908/1934. They were semi-automatics, though, rather than revolvers.
    1900.jpg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Cool concept but I've never seen one to rent and way to expensive to buy before I try.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The Rino has been around for years. I never shot one, but always was intrigued by them. I think they are made by Chippawa (SP). As I recall the reviews were decent and the revolvers were not cheap.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Saw one in a shop around 2013 I think, place was too busy for me to fondle it, plus I was interested in something else at the time.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    Looks well made would like to try before buy and $$$$ plus ugly too.
    Ugly? I thought it looked something that would be right at home on Firefly.
    Granted it isn't as purdy as my New Vaquero in SS.
    BY THE LOOKS OF IT, AMAZING. BUT MY WRIST SAYS I BET THAT'S GONNA HURT. ITS GOT TO BE A 20 GAUGE SHELL.
    It comes in 9mm or .357 as far as I can tell. I'm not a fan of .357, I have a Python but don't often shoot hot .357s. And I prefer handloading .38/.357s, those 9mm cases are getting to small for my fat fingers. I've been loading .45 Colt and need tweezers to pickup 9mm cases and bullets.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    BY THE LOOKS OF IT, AMAZING. BUT MY WRIST SAYS I BET THATS GONA HURT. ITS GOT TO BE A 20 GAUGE SHELL.
    The Chiappa Rhino is a .357/.38 SPL firearm. Also has a 9mm model. The shotgun shell holding the revolver up in the picture is for support only. When they first came out the claim was that the low barrel design actually reduced felt recoil.

Jul 1, 2012
    You think the Rhino is expensive, look at current prices for its predecessor, the Mateba Model 6 Unica :)
    Same concept for barrel placement at the bottom of the cylinder (and same designer), but it's a fully semi-automatic revolver.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    You think the Rhino is expensive, look at current prices for its predecessor, the Mateba Model 6 Unica :)
    Same concept for barrel placement at the bottom of the cylinder (and same designer), but it's a fully semi-automatic revolver.

I’ve got a few Glocks so I’m not turned off by ugly. In fact, I’ve always thought the Rhino looked quite stylish. If I had more money I would buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom