• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Including the range? Or just the shop?

The range and the shop. I called them this afternoon to check on their 9mm inventory. They just got some Sig 226s and 229s in today, so I went after work to check them out. I had never shot a 226 before, so I used their 226 rental on the range. I was by myself and I wasn't sure they were going to let me shoot alone, but they did. The difference today is that there was an employee stationed in the range area the whole time just minding everybody.

I ended up buying a 226, by the way. I think I'm really going to like it.

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    The range and the shop. I called them this afternoon to check on their 9mm inventory. They just got some Sig 226s and 229s in today, so I went after work to check them out. I had never shot a 226 before, so I used their 226 rental on the range. I was by myself and I wasn't sure they were going to let me shoot alone, but they did. The difference today is that there was an employee stationed in the range area the whole time just minding everybody.

I ended up buying a 226, by the way. I think I'm really going to like it.

Hey, you were there when I was there. I'm girl who asked what gun you were looking at and said I owned a 229. Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you'll love it.

--

I had no idea about what happened yesterday until just now reading through this thread. Maybe that explains why the place was so desolate today. When I was in the range late this afternoon, there was only one other person in there shooting, which is pretty rare. I'm glad I didn't know about yesterday's suicide at the time. I think that would've creeped me out.

Mr H

Banana'd
    To shop or shoot?

Yes???

:D

I have a couple new pieces I want to put some rounds through, and having just gotten back on as a member with the day free, I figured I'd head over.

Dropped the dog off at the groomer at 9, hoping to get her back about 1...

So it might be closer to 2:30 before I can get there.

I hate the world some days!!! not gonna make it after all.

Last edited:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    BTW - I'm a newbie here. Came here searching for news on the "incident". What does ND mean?

This thread...It's like waiting for the MSP to send your ND back to you.

Actually in the context above, "ND" is this messed up state's way of telling you you are "Not Disapproved" to take your pistol home. We all know that Zero'Malley would never "Approve" of someone actually legally getting a firearm.

Rob Cubed gave the more generally used definition.

pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    from a reliable source to me. suicide, no accident. no news clips or anyone to quote. just a source i trust.

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    I get that proper gun training is the shooter's responsibility but the range should have some way of at least asking some basic questions before giving to strangers and one of them being a kid. I really hope this has nothing to do with improper safety practices.

Depends on the range - most ask if this is your first time, some give you range rules and checklist of proficiency. Some have an active RSO. IMHO I believe it is incumbent upon the shooter as an operator of a deadly weapon and who is renting someone's firearm to identify their concerns BEFORE they handle any firearm. Even if not stated as a rule - it is a common sense "don't wanna die" unwritten rule.

I think each range has to run itself based on its clientele. I go to one range that is filled with regulars, old-timers etc and they are more laid back, but it is also cozier so they can tell if something is "up". Another I have a membership to is self policed by the members and I can tell you they are on you like white on rice if they notice anything amiss with what you are doing.

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    Went to Continental (Timonium) yesterday - site of an unfortunate event several months back. Took a buddy of mine who knows nothing about firearms. Asked him whether he had been there before, made him read and acknowledge range rules, made him fill out the checklist, read it over. He selected beginner/novice and I can tell you that the RSO there in the range "watched" us. Also - while there two older women showed up with their HG's and in the course of their range day, the RSO spent time with them showing them how to safely operate their firearms.

I don't know much about their incident, and all of this may be a direct result of their recent situation, maybe their insurance required these measures. I will tell you that an active RSO makes me as a fellow shooter feel a heck of a lot safer in an indoor range setting like this as I can't watch what everyone else is doing and all it takes is one mistake. I am not an expert either and may need someone's help too.

I have never been to OT, but heard lots of good things about them and plan to visit them soon. I am also not trying to compare them to some other range to make them look bad, just thought others might be interested to see how Continental is dealing with their situation.

suptier

Feb 2, 2012
    ha, I went there on Saturday 25th and it was almost empty with 4 or 5 guys which was unusual on a Saturday at OT. I asked the guy behind the counter why it was so empty and he said who would like to be inside when the weather was so nice. Now I can connect the dots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom