Anyone heading to Chantilly for the Nations Gun show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarGuy

Nov 1, 2007
    Germantown, MD
    If anyone is, perhaps we can make a group showing, show off the new MDShooters shirts. Ill be there for my mags and ammo grab. Maybe pick up another upper for the AR. Any takers?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If anyone is, perhaps we can make a group showing, show off the new MDShooters shirts. Ill be there for my mags and ammo grab. Maybe pick up another upper for the AR. Any takers?

argh....is that this weekend or next? Both suck for me time wise...

GuitarGuy

Nov 1, 2007
    Germantown, MD
    argh....is that this weekend or next? Both suck for me time wise...

Norton its the 16th 17th and the 18th, im sure we would all enjoy your appearance, fantastic RO work at the shoot man. No respectable group showing would be complete without ya Norton!

BTW did you pick up one of those Dieter CQD rear sling mounts like the one I showed u?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Norton its the 16th 17th and the 18th, im sure we would all enjoy your appearance, fantastic RO work at the shoot man. No respectable group showing would be complete without ya Norton!

BTW did you pick up one of those Dieter CQD rear sling mounts like the one I showed u?

I've got stuff going on ALL weekend next week. Work stuff on Saturday and a concert on Sunday :sad20:

I've got to learn to say "No" to stuff.

Thanks for the compliment. I guess being a teacher is good for something...makes you used to watching out for large groups of people. :D

I haven't done anything on the AR lately. I've got a couple of other projects begging for my attention, but I'm definitely going to take a look at that thing.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I'm going Friday afternoon around 3:30pm to introduce a new shooter to the wonders that is the American gun show. See what catches his eye. They'll certainly be wide and open.

I'll also be there on Saturday during midday if tradition holds. Sunday is iffy. All depends on my fiancee's schedule and desire to "supervise" me. :)

I'm going for a rail system, foregrip, new stock, single point sling, flip-up rear sight and red dot sight for my AR carbine. Want to switch away from the carry handle scope and collapsible stock. Make it more "tacticool". Primary for better rapid acquisition (aka personal defense) but also just because I can.

I'm also going for the usual ammo stockup (low on 6.5x55mm) and whatever other goodies catch my eye. I'd like another tactical rifle bag since I love the one I got with the MOLLE pouches at the last show.

In other words, just being a gun addict. As usual.

Matt

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    its more likely that i will be there on friday night after work, but i dont think i want to face the traffic on the way there from DC, does anyone have a short cut that I can take to avoid the madness ...

GuitarGuy

Nov 1, 2007
    Germantown, MD
    No short cuts that I know of, except taking the Dulles Toll Road instead of 66, but you pay a fee obviously. Ill be there both Friday and Saturday, perhaps Sunday, but any of those attending on either of those days, if you care to meet up and look for some similar items I suggest we either meet in the grass parking area to the left of the center, or at a particular table, something with a sign. Ill have my MDShooters shirt to identify me and Ill be there at 3 on Friday, and 9 on Saturday.

mpickering - I recently did alot of that kind of upgrading to my AR, im considering bringing it to see what else I may decide it needs, furthermore I may have a couple of leads on good deals for stocks and rails and such, people Ive done business with before.

If the gentleman who runs OBX ammo is there again perhaps we can try to set up a group buy if we all show in force, 5.56 anyone? He had a sweet deal going for Federal M855 packaged in bandoleers complete with stripper clips, spoons and cardboards already set with the ammo packed. I think it may be a big bargaining chip if there are enough of us.

3pm on Friday, any takers?

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    If the gentleman who runs OBX ammo is there again perhaps we can try to set up a group buy if we all show in force, 5.56 anyone? He had a sweet deal going for Federal M855 packaged in bandoleers complete with stripper clips, spoons and cardboards already set with the ammo packed. I think it may be a big bargaining chip if there are enough of us.

3pm on Friday, any takers?

Would be nice, but there is no way I could get up there from Southern Maryland on Friday. Saturday morning is my plan.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I work in VA not far from the show site so Friday is easier for me.

For those who might want to identify me, I'll be the idiot in jeans and a polo shirt with an black XM177 pattern AR-15 with green stock/handguards and a flat-top receiver slung across my back on a OD green 3 point sling. :)

Can't go parts shopping unless I can see that they fit.

The last show, I had my CETME/HK on my shoulder. I had four offers to buy it (including one for $1200 in cash). I guess they thought the soldier tag in German on the stock was a "for sale" sign. Nice to know I had something people wanted though.

Matt

GuitarGuy

Nov 1, 2007
    Germantown, MD
    Pushrod - Meet me in the field to the left of the building on saturday at 9. We'll head straight for OBX ammo.

mpickering - same deal but 3 on friday. (Ill have the mdshooters shirt and my MK18. Mod.0 AR clone, ill be in a red s-10 blazer.)

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Think i'll be out that way on Friday, as close to 3 as my girlfriend and I can make it.

I'll wear a red long sleeve t-shirt that say Solar Decathlon on the back for easy spotting. You'll likely find me at vendors that seel reloading components.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Friday is payday, and the 18th is my b-day. I'm going for AR mags/parts (I broke my buffer retainer by screwing the stock tube in too far), maybe an upper, and .223 AK mags. I'm gonna try to drag ylfotevoli along too.

ylfotevoli

Sep 5, 2007
    Salisbury, MD
    Friday is payday, and the 18th is my b-day. I'm going for AR mags/parts (I broke my buffer retainer by screwing the stock tube in too far), maybe an upper, and .223 AK mags. I'm gonna try to drag ylfotevoli along too.

lol, not much dragging necessary. Count me in for Sunday. Hopefully I can get some AR mags, ammo and an upper. Maybe I can find some other cool shit like another MiG clock. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom