• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    Looking for someone local thats willing to meet at a range and let me run a couple mags through their Kriss SBR. I can supply the ammo (factory ammo) or reimburse you for it.

Debating my first SBR purchase and its between the Kriss and a AR type SBR.

You can PM me and we can go from there.

Also, anyone with experience have any positive or negative opinions they would like to share??

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Even with the stock extended you're probably still 3" short. You could form 1 a rifle with a couple inch longer barrel.

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    I had a friend with one. Not close enough that I could get it to you. It was pretty cool, but it jammed a few times. He was running the extended mag and it didn't load right. I blamed the mag.
    With a tirant 45 attached it was pretty bad ass.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Interesting... Continental Arms has one for sale.

That solves that problem. Back to ARs it is!
    It's for the best. Kriss guns seem to pop up on the classifieds with alarming regularity for an oddball gun.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    It's for the best. Kriss guns seem to pop up on the classifieds with alarming regularity for an oddball gun.

Yea that's mainly due to the silly stuff they have to do to it to make it a rifle. The majority of the pistols (now with brace) and SBRs don't show up as much as those silly rifles....

OP, you could get the pistol with sig brace!

kriss-vector-SB-15-sig-brace.jpg

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It's unwieldy. The Kriss carbine gives you the aiming advantage that rifles have, but when you chop the Kriss down to an SBR what do you have?

TA DA.....(drumroll) ...a Glock 21 with a 28 round mag. The recoil management and all that extra mass WON'T ride in a holster so it just ain't worth it. Deal with .45 recoil or go home.

If you are mobile, can you can comfortably carry and manage a Kriss, PLUS an AR for longer range? Not really.

Compare that with a Glock 21 in your holster, plus a 28 round mag in your opposite pocket to go with the AR or other rifle on a sling. Now you are good to go.

The Kriss is a niche range toy that get looks at the line. When that wears off you just have a big clunker.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    It's unwieldy. The Kriss carbine gives you the aiming advantage that rifles have, but when you chop the Kriss down to an SBR what do you have?

TA DA.....(drumroll) ...a Glock 21 with a 28 round mag. The recoil management and all that extra mass WON'T ride in a holster so it just ain't worth it. Deal with .45 recoil or go home.

If you are mobile, can you can comfortably carry and manage a Kriss, PLUS an AR for longer range? Not really.

Compare that with a Glock 21 in your holster, plus a 28 round mag in your opposite pocket to go with the AR or other rifle on a sling. Now you are good to go.

The Kriss is a niche range toy that get looks at the line. When that wears off you just have a big clunker.

Opinions...........................................................................

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    I would argue that if you were actually kicking in doors. Then, to have an actual FA one with a glock 21 in a holster would make a lot of sense. Esp with a can on it.

For a civilian, I don't overly see a niche it fills.

But..., I have stuff just cause I think it's cool. So, if someone thinks that's cool, and has the coin, power to 'em. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom