• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    When I took my AR to show some family members, I was consistently asked if I was going to convert it to full auto. "You know, they sell the parts at the gun show. *wink*" Does anyone else get this kind of reaction when they show off their AR or other "tactical" rifle? Are people really doing this often enough that people who don't own ARs to know about it?

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    People like to speak out of ignorance where guns are related because they think it is cool and assume everyone else is just as ignorant.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    When I took my AR to show some family members, I was consistently asked if I was going to convert it to full auto. "You know, they sell the parts at the gun show. *wink*" Does anyone else get this kind of reaction when they show off their AR or other "tactical" rifle? Are people really doing this often enough that people who don't own ARs to know about it?

WOrking behind the gun counter I heard it alot. ALOT.

Many claimed that filing down the firing pin would cause full auto fire. And knew M16's inside and out. More than me to be specific. :rolleyes:

When I asked them about the RR/DIAS/LL they would look at me like this....
    :confused:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

No, but they do sell those parts at the gun shows here. They cost a bundle, too.

Jim

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Why go though all that bother; when you can order it off the internet, and have it delivered to your door? ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I had family in Ohio ask if I'd go fully. Instead of paying for the stamp, paying out the nose and waiting for 6 months, I just bump-fired. Good enough.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I had family in Ohio ask if I'd go fully. Instead of paying for the stamp, paying out the ass and waiting for 6 months, I just bump-fired. Good enough.

Fixed

EDIT: That reminds me. I was showing my AK to a friend of a friend who was into guns. He offered me a full auto conversion. I said "No thanks." And laughed inside.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    years and years back when my friend and i played airsoft (sad, i know...but it was fun sneaking around the neighborhood at 1-2 AM playing night ops....anyway...) we walked outside one day to go do some plinking out in the woods, he had a G36C and i had a P90...well there was a bunch of kids playing outside...they saw him, one yelled "HES GOT A AK!!!!" and they all scattered like roaches in the kitchen when the lights turned on...we just stood there looking at one another, dumbfounded...yes, orange tips were installed...well, not on the P90 actually, i had the "suppressor" on...

edit: side note, we were just about the only white people who lived in the neighborhood...if that speaks to anything.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Sounds like when I lived in Va and would go to the range, all the neighbor kids would see case after case come out and just get wide-eyed...priceless.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    True story. Got to talking to some guys who work at a local shop had a customer bring his AR15 back to them claiming it was broke it would only fire one at a time.:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom