• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I bought a Staccato XC from Dan at MD Elite and it is perhaps the most accurate and fun handgun I have. He convinced me to give Staccato's a try and since then I have also bought the Staccato CS from him which is much more carry friendly. I highly recommend the CS if one is looking for a Staccato to carry. The only problem I have encountered with the CS is that not many holster options appear to be available for it. I bought a Kydex holster from Staccato but it is not very comfortable for me. I may need to find a custom holster manufacturer to build one that works better for me.

I should also mention that Dan also convinced me to give green dots a try and as usual, he was right again. I find the green dot are much easier for my old eyes to acquire than a red dot.

Cal68

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Green is in the middle of the visible light spectrum. Red is on one end of the visible light spectrum. That is why green is easier for the eyes to pick up.

Back when red-orange front sights were the rage (and fiber optics now), If I looked at a red sight a couple seconds too long it glowed and turned into a fuzzy ball. I have two handguns with insert front sights. One a 1980’s Python…as produced. Thr second a 1911 I built. I bought a very low use slide and previous owner had installed a red fiber optic sight. The red f.o. is on the hit list to change. The Python will remain that way for awhile since the red insert front sight is original to it.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Optic is definitely too big for carry. One of the smaller staccato offerings would be better for carry. One I shot was larger model.
    That being said, I don't| see the need for a $2,500 single action gun for a carry gun. But you can't give those opinions on the forum, because " 'Murica" and all that lol. Most aren't that proficient, outside of a static range, with a single action.
    The qualifications changed in this post. Are you disqualifying a $2500 pistol or a single action pistol? It should be the action, not the cost. And being ‘Merica’ and all that…you’re right..work with the single action enough and it gives away nothing any plastic striker fired utility pistol. I carry both. One is more preferred than the other.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The qualifications changed in this post. Are you disqualifying a $2500 pistol or a single action pistol? It should be the action, not the cost. And being ‘Merica’ and all that…you’re right..work with the single action enough and it gives away nothing any plastic striker fired utility pistol. I carry both. One is more preferred than the other.
    Of course it's the action. Not sure what you mean by "qualification".
    You wanna carry a $10,000 gun for self defense, go right ahead. Your 6,7, or 800 dollar one will perform just as well.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I had a Staccato XC with Trijicon SRO red dot in my hot little hands yesterday. Shooting steel with it, I made it sound like a slot machine that just hit the jack pot.
    Unfckingbelievable. I have never shot a better combo of pistol and sight, ever. Now all I need is 5K in my hot little hands. :)
    Not the actual pistol. The actual owner has like 4 different models.
    View attachment 454261

Like damn. I’ve always wanted a Staccato but couldn’t decide between the XC, XL or P. Thanks blaster - think you just ended my indecisiveness.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Of course it's the action. Not sure what you mean by "qualification".
    You wanna carry a $10,000 gun for self defense, go right ahead. Your 6,7, or 800 dollar one will perform just as well.
    No, definitely not a $10k gun. One of the ones I use now is a $500 gun. I won't bother trying to explain “qualifying” since I am sure you’ll argue it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No, definitely not a $10k gun. One of the ones I use now is a $500 gun. I won't bother trying to explain “qualifying” since I am sure you’ll argue it.
    I don't care what you, or anyone else carries. Pocket carry an lcp if you want. But don't try telling me it's a good choice compared to a better primary pistol.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I don't care what you, or anyone else carries. Pocket carry an lcp if you want. But don't try telling me it's a good choice compared to a better primary pistol.
    I was correct. Authority has written. You should make a list of all your recommended guns and we’ll only choose from those. Get a iob writing for the gun mags. You are the final word in what comprises an a ceptable pistol for defensive purposes.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I was correct. Authority has written. You should make a list of all your recommended guns and we’ll only choose from those. Get a iob writing for the gun mags. You are the final word in what comprises an a ceptable pistol for defensive purposes.
    Drink a little more, dude.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011

Attachments

• staccato c2 d.jpg
      staccato c2 d.jpg
      28.1 KB · Views: 17
    • staccato c2.jpg
      staccato c2.jpg
      652.2 KB · Views: 15

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Hi Dan

Do you know when you might get a shipment of Staccato C's? I'm keen to compare one to the CS you sold me last year! Thanks.

Penn
    Not until 3rd quarter sometime. We have them pre-ordered.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom