Any Maryland Rifle Club (MRC) member willing to sponsor me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trey

Aug 20, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'd like to join one of the AGC clubs and MRC looks like it's the cheapest option since they only charge 50% of the usual fees after June 30. I've got the application but there's a sponsor field that I'm not sure is required but I'd feel better if I could put a name there. I totally understand if people are not comfortable sponsoring someone they don't know. I'm a 33yr old software engineer and completely stable, I assure you :)

Trey

Trey

Aug 20, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I started my career as a 20yr old college dropout in late 1996. That was the dotcom heyday when startups were throwing big money at any kid who knew a little HTML or programming.

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    Trey, if you would be so kind, let me know how much it cost you when you are all said and done, and how you were able to get it. The Marriatsville (sp) in Howard County is right down the right from my house, and has a rifle/shotgun and I believe out door pistol. I have always wanted to give it a shot, but it seems like a sponsor is mandatory, as well as attending meetings, plus a $350 yearly fee or something. I haven't checked in a year or two, but it wasn't worth it when I checked.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    I am a member there and I don't believe you need that. You just have to attend the range safety meeting. Once you do that you are able to get your range badge. Shoot an e-mail off to Erich Grove and ask him. His address should be on the MRC page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom