• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wreck

Mar 9, 2012
    Bethesda
    Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantily has pmags for ARs at a decent price (with window like $16 non window $15) not sure about glock and ak mags.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantily has pmags for ARs at a decent price (with window like $16 non window $15) not sure about glock and ak mags.

I get mine at Sharpshooters in Lorton. They were $15/piece.

I get my non-windowed PMAGs for $11 each when I buy five at Quantico Tactical near Potomac Mills. GI mags with green followers for $8 each. They've got decent deals on ammo now.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Long gone if you're talking about the one at the foot of Prince Street.

Building is empty and I think that's where they're talking about the new hotel.

Too bad, that was as close to a late 50's early 60's Sunny's Surplus as you could get at the time.....well without the 89 dollar garands. :sad20:

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Dawson's Small Arms of the World - They are located on US Hwy 1, very close to I-95, just a block or two north of the Opitz road intersection with Jefferson Davis Hwy (Hwy 1). I just visited them today for the first time, and found it to be worth the trip. The guys working there were friendly and helpful, they were well-stocked with ammo, cleaning supplies, and the usual types of new firearms. Not much there in the way of C&R, but they have a relatively good supply of powder and caps, etc., for reloading ... and the prices on powder were better than Gander Mountain. If you are in the area, it's worth looking into. They are next door to the Kentucky Fried Chicken, but don't really stand out. The neighborhood appears to be quickly turning into a Hispanic cultural enclave (some interesting restaurants nearby), so don't be thrown off by the fact that nearly every other business in the area has signs up in Spanish. You're in the right neighborhood. I want to go back there sometime around lunch and try one of the papusa places--I'm a big fan of Central and South American food.

2k05gt

Jul 28, 2012
    NoVA in Reston

Virginia Arms in Manassas

those are two that come to mind.

I also recommend Virginia Arms.

It's probably the best gun store (and has the best employees) that I have ever been to.

what they said - Virginia Arms in Manassas takes the time to go over the options, great staff, and a they have a great selection to choose from...
    By the Way.. The Prices are good too.

Last edited:

Ultimate Member
    what they said - Virginia Arms in Manassas takes the time to go over the options, great staff, and a they have a great selection to choose from...
    By the Way.. The Prices are good too.

I have to pick some people up at Dulles, but times are always off and they are international so customs takes time. I may drive down to one of these stores to kill time, I doubt anyone has anything in stock now. Maybe I can just look at empty shelves and pretend there are tons of regular mags there.

I was looking at Virgina Arms since NOVA won't sell anything to MD residents because the ATF intimidated them (at least they did not Waco them, yet).

Anyways google maps reports (http://www.badwolfbrewingcompany.com/ ) is right next door. Do they make anything good?

Deathmoney07

Mar 11, 2013
    All Shooters Tactical in Woodbridge is a relatively new shop but, talk about stand up guys that run it. I haven't seen them price rape anybody. They'rea first come first serve, honest shop. I'd highly reccommend them. If you follow them on FB they update what they have/just got/are getting in stock.

Ultimate Member
    I may put all these places on a map and hit them one of these weekends. I'm an outdoors guy, but if we keep having shitty weather this would be something fun to do. I also just got approved for a $25,000 visa signature card with travel rewards, and 0% for 18 months. Purchases at these stores will help me get tickets to Tel Aviv, Tokyo, and Berlin for different trips. I hope they have ammo because I'm getting pretty sick of hawking all of the ammo sites and missing everything.

I'll have to document this and post up here later when I do it.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I was looking at Virgina Arms since NOVA won't sell anything to MD residents because the ATF intimidated them (at least they did not Waco them, yet).
    When did that happen? They sold me a Garand a couple years ago. I was in there again, and they said they wouldn't sell me any semi-auto anything. That would explain the change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom