• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    A couple of years ago, I passed on the chance of getting a Bushmaster from Gun Connection. I wish I hadn't let that one slip by.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I have a factory Bushmaster 20" A2 that I just picked up. HBAR and in great shape. I am seriously considering sending the barrel off to ADCO and getting it cut/threaded to 16" and have a true 16" with rifle gas.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    I should have picked up the Colt version that CDNN was selling in 2013. Unfortunately it was after Sandy Hook and while CDNN had them priced nicely, I was busy buying other ARs thinking they would be banned . Have not seen a Colt Dissipator since then...

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have the Delton and with iron sights and the longer sight radius it's nice to have and more accurate if your on bags on a bench.
    No issues with factory ammo and reloads. The gas tube is GTG as said.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    With a rifle or carbine gas system?

Rifle Gas is the softest recoiling IMO, but you cant make it adjustable gas easily.

Mid Gas is the best as you can add a SLR Adjustable Gas Block while keeping the fixed front sight.

Nothing wrong with Carbine Gas but it is harder on the Bolt and tends to have some sharper recoil (not that ARs kick hard anyway).

jakbob

Oct 13, 2014
    Glen Burnie
    I want to make my 20" into a dissy so badly... I plan on just buying the dissy barrel from del-ton. I was going to go to the local gunsmith, but for more money and 2-3 more months wait, I don't want to wait.

I have a few questions for clandestine if he would indulge me lol

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I want to make my 20" into a dissy so badly... I plan on just buying the dissy barrel from del-ton. I was going to go to the local gunsmith, but for more money and 2-3 more months wait, I don't want to wait.

I have a few questions for clandestine if he would indulge me lol

Fire away!:thumbsup:

jakbob

Oct 13, 2014
    Glen Burnie
    I now realize that since I am still under the magical 5-0, I should have posted my questions here. So my posts would count lol

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Newer Ar uppers with extended hand guard rails have evolved from this concept. My favorite at has a 15@ rail over a 16" barrel. It gives me the longer sight radius and allows for a magpul type hold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      81 KB · Views: 151

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Newer Ar uppers with extended hand guard rails have evolved from this concept. My favorite at has a 15@ rail over a 16" barrel. It gives me the longer sight radius and allows for a magpul type hold.

Agreed. I have 2 setuo with sights on mong floated rails.

There is a down side though. A good hit on the rail will knock the poa/poi off. A rail thats not completely true can also mean theres not enough adjustment in the sights to sight the rifle in.

jakbob

Oct 13, 2014
    Glen Burnie
    I was on Del-Tons website the past couple days, they had dropped the dissy barrel assembly. Just letting y'all know they are probably discontinuing them. So I went ahead and ponied up to get the complete upper from them, before it goes the way of the dodo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom