• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Quite a few duks around for this time of year compared to the last 3 years;
    saw some buffy's, wideons and blue bills plus a few woodies are still here.

Even more crows flying high :thumbsup:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    2 mallards and 4 teals. (not too good considering the number we saw)

Lots of very early flyers, pretty much all dried up by 9am.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    For goose hunting do I need decoys?

Goose Decoys do help, but, not required if you can their attention with a good call. I can bring them in and bring them back just with some light moderate calling with my mouth call. Saturday the 16th is the start of our regular late season here and I'm praying hard at this point that I even get hear one or see one fly by. I bought two sets of these and have collected some others over the past few years. I don't find I need alot of decoys at the farm, but, the 12 shells do more than enough to get the Geese in there and I have used as few as one set of 6 to do the job. I bought mine HERE I did have to dumb the down with some flat spray paint. They are too glossy out of the box.

$%28KGrHqN,!lsFGnFVSDKsBR0z3ogDjg~~60_3.JPG

ducduk

Apr 28, 2013
    anyone looking for a hunting partner pm me have everything needed except a place to hunt i hunt ducks and geese but due too work and home didn't get to find places to go

ducduk

Apr 28, 2013
    pics look great have camoed both my boats and had some success but my hunting buddy moved about 4 years ago and its been rough ( tender moment ) we hunted or fished almost every weekend he's a good guy but now lives in new mexico and i am in md.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I'd be glad to hunt with you if you are in the Frederick area. The monocacy nrm area has birds you just need to scout the river and stay inside the boundaries.

Also Heaters Island WMA is a good option.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    pics look great have camoed both my boats and had some success but my hunting buddy moved about 4 years ago and its been rough ( tender moment ) we hunted or fished almost every weekend he's a good guy but now lives in new mexico and i am in md.

Maryland doesn't have any fences you can't cross...

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Had a few close fly overs, only got one black duck to commit. Had it been goose season we could have limited out in 45 minutes. Hunted both the morning and evening. Evening just after we couldn't shoot anymore, we had at least 30 fly over.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Brother, I'm in the hospital with my sick son and that picture just made me smile.

And I hunt ducks and geese with a 1957 Browning A-5 12 gauage mag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Well sir, most Saturdays I hunt alone. But if you and your son want to come
    Try your luck with some green heads you are more then welcome.

Wes

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Assembling 3.5 dozen full bodies tonight so we are ready for Saturday, ought to be fun.

yeah unless you are on the X. Spray painted milk jugs work sometimes or halves of tires. Also plywood silhouettes.

Goose Decoys do help, but, not required if you can their attention with a good call. I can bring them in and bring them back just with some light moderate calling with my mouth call. Saturday the 16th is the start of our regular late season here and I'm praying hard at this point that I even get hear one or see one fly by. I bought two sets of these and have collected some others over the past few years. I don't find I need alot of decoys at the farm, but, the 12 shells do more than enough to get the Geese in there and I have used as few as one set of 6 to do the job.

Not a fan of water fowl hunting (I'm a fair weather type of guy :D)but have been quite a few times over the yrs. (average 2-3 days a season).Back OT,1 thing I saw yrs. ago on a hunt and occasionally on T.V. was "flags".Is that a last resort technique or a proven method for geese?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I saw yrs. ago on a hunt and occasionally on T.V. was "flags".Is that a last resort technique or a proven method for geese?

Proven. Sean Mann (very successful Eastern Shore guide) claims he uses a flag every hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom