• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    On the death penalty question, I answered that it should be extended for rapists and child molesters as well.

I do like the windmill idea though, if it pays off eventually.

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Senator Miller,
    My name is ***** and I am a Sergeant in the United States Army stationed at Fort Meade, MD. I vehemently oppose SB281 on many grounds, not the least of which is that nearly every point of action in the bill has been proven by the United States Department of Justice to be completely ineffective in preventing gun violence. Supporting this bill is an untenable position both legally and logically.

It is true that I am not a constituent in the State of Maryland, however I must live here and abide by laws set forth by the State, which is the focus of my contact today. Being a soldier in the United State Army means that I must maintain proficiency in a wide-ranging set of skills. One of those is skills is proficiency with my assigned weapon. It is true that we receive a minimal amount of firearms training, however it is my (and many other soldiers) belief, that to be truly proficient with our weapons, we must seek training opportunities outside of the military. To that end, many military members own personal firearms that will be prohibited by SB281. At the very least, many military members purchase upgraded equipment with their own money to maximize their effectiveness and personal safety on the battlefield. One of those pieces of equipment that many soldiers possess are 30-round magazines that are an upgrade to those we are normally issued.

Supporting SB281 is to support endangering the lives of your constituents by curtailing their right to defend their lives and property, a right guaranteed by the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION. Additionally, another effect (albeit very likely unintentional) is to inhibit the ability of soldiers stationed in Maryland to fully pursue their training.

I implore you not to endanger the lives of all of those who must live in Maryland by exploiting SB281 for political gain. At the very least, do not hinder soldiers stationed in Maryland the opportunity to improve the skills necessary to do their jobs.

Good letter. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom