• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Hi All!
    Just wanted to introduce myself, been lurking for a little while, looks like a great "local" place to hang out!

Glad you found "us". Was down your way and found the gun shop behind Mcd's. Didn't know the shop was there.
    Now, do you raise Duroc's. I've looked at Dill's and Vallary's with no luck.
    I'm looking for a gilt or two.

Now, when are we having another shoot?
    ATB
    :)

pigfrmr

Known Associate
    Glad you found "us". Was down your way and found the gun shop behind Mcd's. Didn't know the shop was there.
    Now, do you raise Duroc's. I've looked at Dill's and Vallary's with no luck.
    I'm looking for a gilt or two.

WoW, that's scary......Yea- Wink's Sporting Goods, little shop, tucked away, family business, hell of a nice guy. One of those places where you don't mind paying a couple extra bucks here and there, just so they know ya!:D
    No purebreeds, ours are just "mutts", I know a few breeders - I can probably find you a couple.

[/QUOTE]

Now, when are we having another shoot?
    ATB
    :)[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be nice tomorrow!:party29:

Last edited:

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    Welcome Pigfrmr,what section of Princess Anne are you from,was down there a couple weeks ago and got me a rifle from old Wink's,good bunch of people in there,good deer hunting in your area too.

pigfrmr

Known Associate
    Welcome Pigfrmr,what section of Princess Anne are you from,was down there a couple weeks ago and got me a rifle from old Wink's,good bunch of people in there,good deer hunting in your area too.

We're out in "the forest" - about 9 miles out of Princess Anne proper, just inside their postal code, another half mile and we'd be in Pocomoke.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Bacon is good. I prefer scrapple

Ugh.....
    Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other scraps, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are discarded, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned, and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, and others are added. The mush is cast into loaves and allowed to cool thoroughly until gelled. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    I have this book: Country Scrapple: An American Tradition by William Woys Weaver. Very fascinating. If you love food like I do, you might find it interesting.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I just threw up in my mouth. Now to wash the taste away with a big spoon full of Potted Meat Product. ;)

Or,

Spotted_Dick475.jpg

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    wilkommen pigfrmr. im a huge fan, i love eatin pigs. whether it be a pork chop, bacon, coun'ry ham, sugar ham or a picnic mmm mmm all good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom