• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 6, 2012
    I've been looking at several firearms, or firearm types to buy recently and while I live in Wyoming I still technically count as an MD resident (even though my full time job is here Wy, go figure) so those stupid MD laws still apply to me. I've been reading the list of regulated firearms in MD thoroughly and haven't seen anything directly addressing the AK 74 except:

AK 47 in all forms.

Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format.

Do AK 74s fall under that? If I want to purchase a long gun or shotgun in another state I can as an MD resident only purchase ones that don't qualify as "assault type" firearms. Because the AK 74 is not directly listed here, would I have a problem (assuming the ffl dealer is reasonable) purchasing one here in Wyoming? I understand several ffl dealers cover their butts by selling most stuff as regulated even if it is not directly regulated by MD. (Ie: Hbars)

Regulated list: http://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=835OWi-sH2U=&

http://www.oag.state.md.us/Opinions/2010/95oag101.pdf

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The thing about AK's in particular in Maryland law is it refers to the Kalashnikov rifle "in all forms." That can mean a lot of things, but for me would make the AK74 arguably on the (unconstitutional) list.

DimaK

May 15, 2012
    Yes a better question is why not get WY resident status and avoid all the MD issues?

Feb 6, 2012
    I don't have to pay bills with my current living situation so I can't get a driver's license. The other way to obtain residency is to live here for a full 12 months. I'll be working for the .gov come this November and moving out of here a month and a half before that so I'll only have lived in Wy for 9 months. Believe me, I would love that and I have tried to change my residency.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    What happens if you stroll down to the DMV and say, "I want a Wyoming driver's license"?

Maryland requires you get a MD license within 30 days. Whenever I've changed states, no one asked about utility bills: I just went and got a license. Got a Texas license within a week of moving there. Got a Maryland license about a year after moving back...

All anyone ever wanted was an in-state mailing address.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Some states are more sensitive due to the price difference between res and nonres hunting lics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom