• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrashRecovery

May 26, 2017
    Another Cecil guy joined

Howdy gang. Joined up here for some info and maybe some help. Getting back into shooting and finally decided to build my pre-ban lower for my AR-15. Yea I know, why wait 4 years..... don't know kind of forgot about it.
    So here is my dilemma. I do not have all the proper tools to build the lower but a coworker does. The day he takes my lower home with him, it gets stolen fro. His car in Chester PA. Police report has been filed, insurance company has a claim going but what can I do since everything I bought for it matches the pre-ban. Can I order an empty lower again and just finish my build or am I stuck with a preban compliant upper system that I technically can't use

Last edited:

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!

Lots of advise will be here shortly. Hoping for the best on the recovery / resolution.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Welcome from Cecil. Pretty sure you are SOL with the lower. If you buy a new one you will have to make it HBAR since the purchase date on the new one will be post 2013.

CrashRecovery

May 26, 2017
    Here's a silly but simple question, what constitutes a heavy barrel? Before I make phone calls and start ordering things I don't need, I'd like to make sure what I have can be used or not. I used to be quite fluent in most terminology used here but after being away for a decent time it appears some has changed and new stuff I'm not sure of. That and most of my coworkers are from DE or PA so they can't help much.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join our fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

attachment.php

outrider58

Call me Gee
    MDS Supporter
    Howdy gang. Joined up here for some info and maybe some help. Getting back into shooting and finally decided to build my pre-ban lower for my AR-15. Yea I know, why wait 4 years..... don't know kind of forgot about it.
    So here is my dilemma. I do not have all the proper tools to build the lower but a coworker does. The day he takes my lower home with him, it gets stolen fro. His car in Chester PA. Police report has been filed, insurance company has a claim going but what can I do since everything I bought for it matches the pre-ban. Can I order an empty lower again and just finish my build or am I stuck with a preban compliant upper system that I technically can't use

Welcome. You are stuck, I'm afraid. Buy a new barrel and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom