• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I completely agree. It makes it seem like this poster is supporting gay people shooting the first ******* who calls them a name; while that is terrible, it's not a threat to the individual's life and the legal system would definitely not call it justifiable self-defense. I like this poster's concept, but the wording should be different.

I agree with you. I find the wording over the top. I'd like to know who's actually behind these.

I haven't put up with homophobic shit in a long time, but I'd need a pretty damned good reason to point a gun at anyone.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    New poster ... Who'd a thunk ?

Attachments

• Equal-Rights-612x375.jpg
      Equal-Rights-612x375.jpg
      25 KB · Views: 245

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    I can't think of a better movement to join forces with than the pro same sex marriage folks. They are well organized, know how to rally and get their message out, and know what it is like to fight for their rights.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I have a very simple litmus test. If it came down to two candidates, one supports gun rights but not gay issues and the other supports gay rights but not gun issues, who do they vote for? The answer to that tells me whether they're friend or foe.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I like this because it shows how the right to defense is an inalienable civil right. It also smashes the paradigm of the fat, white, christian, conservative, male being the only type of person that is interested in owning a gun. It shows that the universal right to defense protects all kinds of different people, and not a special interest group.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I like this because it shows how the right to defense is an inalienable civil right. It also smashes the paradigm of the fat, white, christian, conservative, male being the only type of person that is interested in owning a gun. It shows that the universal right to defense protects all kinds of different people, and not a special interest group.

Agreed, and to add: I see nothing wrong with this. So two people of the same sex want to be in a loving relationship, join into a legal union, and protect their likelihoods with firearms. Good for them.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I have a very simple litmus test. If it came down to two candidates, one supports gun rights but not gay issues and the other supports gay rights but not gun issues, who do they vote for? The answer to that tells me whether they're friend or foe.

The more people pushing against the anti-2A Democrats the better.

Dec 31, 2012
    New poster ... Who'd a thunk ?

The more people pushing against the anti-2A Democrats the better.

So much win.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis

I liked it because it resonates with an issue near and dear to my heart: equality of the sexes through adequate firepower.

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    Having been through a divorce, who in the h*ll would want to intentionally marry anyway? So glad I don't have a chick around during this period of intense gun collecting. I feel for you guys/gals that have a significant other that is criticizing your reaction to your civil rights being infringed upon.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I find the line "aren't going to take shit from homophobes." a bit off-putting and rather threatening.. especially in the context of what the poster says and the picture of two people who look more like a father and son than gay lovers.
    Do we really want supposed gun-rights people (no matter what their other personal beliefs) posting thinly veiled threats in a poster supporting gun rights....
    We would not accept that from most extreme right wing "supporters"....

Homosexual people are being openly physically attacked and killed in the US right now. I don't think saying, "If you come after us expect bullets to start flying" to be over the top.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/reports-anti-gay-attacks-nyc-19228655#.UZ9j4rWG3bQ

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi

That vote doesn't make them a foe, it makes them prioritize one over the other.

If half of democrats were pro-gun, and voted for liberals, you'd see the anti-gun desire drain from the party.

I try to win over liberals as much as possible.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That vote doesn't make them a foe, it makes them prioritize one over the other.

Sorry J, but I disagree. Anyone that votes for an anti-gun politician for any reason is my political foe. I have a lot of interests I care about, but barring the pro-gun candidate being BS crazy, they're getting my vote. That's just me...

I'd prefer to win liberals over too. When they're willing to vote for guns ahead of other wedge issues, I can consider them a political friend.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    I believe everyone (and I do mean everyone who's old enough to vote and in our country legally) should have the right to CHOICE. To me, an individuals right of choice is the best guarantee to equality. Gun, Gay, Green, Abortion, Religion...Choice.

I think Governmental involvement in one's personal affairs should be kept to a minimal, almost non existent proportion.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.

SpringChicken

Sep 17, 2010
    I believe everyone (and I do mean everyone who's old enough to vote and in our country legally) should have the right to CHOICE. To me, an individuals right of choice is the best guarantee to equality. Gun, Gay, Green, Abortion, Religion...Choice.

I think Governmental involvement in one's personal affairs should be kept to a minimal, almost non existent proportion.

:thumbsup: I wish I had this on on a bumper sticker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom