Anne Arundel First Alert - Accidental Shooting at 2600 Block of Annapolis Road (Cindy's?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    AACo is.

As much as I despise the whole HQL mess, I could see ranges requiring one to be presented for rentals, in addition to a two-person rule. At least there is a slightly better chance of someone not becoming unhinged on the line.
    I don't think it's completely preventable, no matter what steps are taken by the range. If somebody is planning to do themselves in, they're going to do it eventually unless they get the right kind of help at the right time.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Yes, horrible.

And, there are much more pleasant ways to off yourself without making a mess and imposing it on others.

Multiple drug o.d. options, in a comfortable setting with your favorite music playing, or in a running car parked in a closed garage with the radio on (NOT a Tesla!), to name just a couple.

Don’t drag others into it in public places, or guns and gun rights into it, and don’t leave a mess for others to clean up.

AACo is.

As much as I despise the whole HQL mess, I could see ranges requiring one to be presented for rentals, in addition to a two-person rule. At least there is a slightly better chance of someone not becoming unhinged on the line.
    I think ranges should continue to make their own rules.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This is NOT uncommon.

They want to be found quickly.
    It is uncommon. Otherwise, it would happen commonly, which it doesn't.

How many times have you been to a range when it DIDN'T happen? Commonly, I hope.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    It is uncommon. Otherwise, it would happen commonly, which it doesn't.

How many times have you been to a range when it DIDN'T happen? Commonly, I hope.
    Semantics. It happens- not a daily event in each range.

22 a day is a real number.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    We are averaging 22 Service Members or Veterans per Day Committing Suicide
    That is a horribly unacceptable number -- by 22 per day -- and it's indictment of how our society deals with veterans and their issues. It's a disgrace.

But it has nothing to do with the instant discussion of random suicides at gun ranges.

Service members' and veterans' suicide prevention deserves its own thread and a movement to put it to an end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom