Anne Arundel First Alert - Accidental Shooting at 2600 Block of Annapolis Road (Cindy's?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    22 service members or vets taking their own lives every day.

Google Platoon 22. It's an ugly truth.
    Yes. Terrible.

But it has absolutely nothing to do with the current thread or discussion.

Should I go totally off topic and change the subject to Middle Eastern suicide bombers, for effect?

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Friend just texted me. He was there when it happened.

Damn that shits wild. You never know wtf someone is thinking especially at the range. Most ppl are there to enjoy shooting a few rounds but I’ve always worried about some shit like that. Sorry your friend had to deal with that. That’s definitely not something i want in my memory bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Who comes and cleans up the mess after an incident like that?

Good movie

I talked to my friend a little more last night. He said the guy had fired about 20 rounds on his target before the act. He said the guy had rented a .38 revolver from the place.

Up on the shelf ...

I received the R. Bud Dwyer packet he sent out before shooting himself under the chin with a .357 magnum on live TV back in the 80's. OMG the river of blood that streamed from his nose the the exit wound was something. This is terrible for all involved.

I saw a tape of that video

He went down so fast, it was as though he was pulled down

Shiiiiiit..... that's all you had to say.

..... = 'knee grow

After they fix the hole in the roof

:lol::lol2:

Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it

22 of what, please? Context is everything.

22 25 of 6 to 4

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I hope they don't have that policy. If I'm shooting at an indoor range, it's almost always by myself.
    On Target allowed you to go alone and take your own firearm. I guess they figured if you already had a firearm, you had no need to off yourself at a gun range.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    My bud was held hostage by his dad's friend (dude had just murdered his ex wife). Dad's friend ended up shooting himself in front of my bud while the house was surrounded by cops. Bullet hole is still in the kitchen ceiling. Understandably my bud still has PTSD from it.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    A good buddy of mine killed himself in his garage about 12 years ago. I was there with the family and some neighbors as we looked around for him. We looked in the house and I still remember vividly his mom's wailing when the neighbor said he found him in the garage. I didn't see him per se, lying there, but I did catch a glimpse of the blood splatter on the block wall above where he lay. Pretty sure it was his .223 that he used.

RIP to my buddy, and my prayers out for anyone at the range who is not impacted by the scene.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    On Target allowed you to go alone and take your own firearm. I guess they figured if you already had a firearm, you had no need to off yourself at a gun range.

Eh ..Body found quickly , but not burden the family to hire ServaPro for inside , or have bad memories of the back deck ?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Made me look it up . Quickly found data incomplete , and data not broken down by that for most states .

The best that's out there is a study by NIH ..Data from 16 states , 2004 - 2015 .

Of overall firearms suicides . shooting ranges were 0.18 % .

IF the trends were consistent nationwide , it would extrapolate to 35/ yr nationwide .

86 % involved rented guns .

Of the remaining 14 % , they included suicides inside cars p parked in the parking lot .

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    It’s been a looooong time since I visited and used the shooting lanes at On Target (now Cindy’s of course). I never felt comfortable there and I didn’t shoot there often. Any Joe blow can just walk off the street, rent a gun and start blasting.

This is one of the reasons why I like shooting at the AGC. There is a little better chance of filtering, or vetting the folks to the left and right of you. Membership in a club, range orientation, and I think firearms safety is more consciously observed by all there.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    It’s been a looooong time since I visited and used the shooting lanes at On Target (now Cindy’s of course). I never felt comfortable there and I didn’t shoot there often. Any Joe blow can just walk off the street, rent a gun and start blasting.

This is one of the reasons why I like shooting at the AGC. There is a little better chance of filtering, or vetting the folks to the left and right of you. Membership in a club, range orientation, and I think firearms safety is more consciously observed by all there.

I need to go do my orientation thanks for the reminder lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Damn that shits wild. You never know wtf someone is thinking especially at the range. Most ppl are there to enjoy shooting a few rounds but I’ve always worried about some shit like that. Sorry your friend had to deal with that. That’s definitely not something i want in my memory bank.
    Crazy thing is this is the second friend that has witnessed something like this. Other was a good friend in Boca Raton that was at his local range when it happened a few years back. He was lucky not to have witnessed the actual event but still a tough one. I was in town and almost went with him that day but was visiting my parents and had other plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom