• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    If I had only known, I would have introduced myself. I was wearing the 'corporate regalia' (HSM suit, w/ blue tie, and a black cashmere overcoat thrown over my arm). Which means, I pretty much looked like everyone else around me.

Sadly I found I did not have any printable labels as I was going to whip up an MDS badge with my handle on it.

Last edited:

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Anybody keep running into people they know. I got a text "I see you" having no clue who it was. Then I got a text stop looking around. Lol was an old buddy I use to work with.

Then got an email from a 4H member sitting behind me.

And saw the president of Dug Hill. My gun club.

It was great.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    r3t1awr3yd do you mind if I use the photos you posted? I look pretty fierce in the one!

This was the first time I have ever participated in anything like this. It was worth getting up super early and arriving at 8 am to sign in. My husband and I were both able to speak towards the end. Maybe around 8:30 or so. 13 hours made for a LONG day, but absolutely worth it! Doesn't hurt that when I got to work this am, a bunch of people had seen the news clip where I was holding my sign, so that helped further the discussion there (plus who doesn't wanna be on tv?!)

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    r3t1awr3yd do you mind if I use the photos you posted? I look pretty fierce in the one!

This was the first time I have ever participated in anything like this. It was worth getting up super early and arriving at 8 am to sign in. My husband and I were both able to speak towards the end. Maybe around 8:30 or so. 13 hours made for a LONG day, but absolutely worth it! Doesn't hurt that when I got to work this am, a bunch of people had seen the news clip where I was holding my sign, so that helped further the discussion there (plus who doesn't wanna be on tv?!)

Sure lol. Which one is you?

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    2nd Amendment Supporters...We Stand Alone Together!

DSC_9015.jpg

DSC_9011.jpg

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County

Again - this sort of shit is not helpful.absolutely no reason to show up with this. Spend some time trying to understand the enemy. You should come to the conclusion that this is counter productive.

Also if you are signing petitions to impeach delegates or advocating a referendum on AWB bills please stop. You are not helping.

Not saying you are doing these things but we need to present a rational face to the discussion, this is a complicated equation.

Thanks

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Again - this sort of shit is not helpful.absolutely no reason to show up with this. Spend some time trying to understand the enemy. You should come to the conclusion that this is counter productive.

Also if you are signing petitions to impeach delegates or advocating a referendum on AWB bills please stop. You are not helping.

Not saying you are doing these things but we need to present a rational face to the discussion, this is a complicated equation.

Thanks

I disagree. Wholly and rationally.
    Don't worry, the bootlickers are sometimes spared.

captphoto_1271705118923-1-0.jpg

MeDrudge5.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I disagree. Wholly and rationally.
    Don't worry, the bootlickers are sometimes spared.

Things like holding up an effigy of an EBR are not helpful. I agree with the principle of what you say and, most certainly, with your Right to say it. It is sad, but in fighting for our Rights it is largely a PR war. Our elected officials are far more interested in poll numbers than in anything else. If they won't lose their job over a vote, they don't care. Our best hope for the future is to talk to people who are neutral or anti. To gently introduce the subject, give them food for thought. Explain that self-defense and firearm ownership are Civil Rights. Many people have never thought of it this way. You don't even need to mention the word "gun". It will be a natural extension in their mind.

Hold up an EBR with the word "death" on it, and you have pushed that person away and lost an opportunity. I'm with you in feeling I shouldn't have to defend my Right. If everyone understood the 2A, MSI wouldn't have to even exist. The fact remains that we do have to win hearts and minds, and there is an effective way to do it.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    It is sad, but in fighting for our Rights it is largely a PR war.

This! While overall, I was impressed with most folks on Wednesday, there were a few like this guy that just don't "get it". You will NEVER win hearts and minds in multi-cam screaming about cold dead hands.

The anti's are very good at swaying people to their side, we have to be just as good.

-Jim

hamrad

Dec 19, 2012
    Our local radio station reported this morning there were approximately 950 people that attended the hearings. Most to support MOM's safety measures.
    There needs to be a way to stop these lies! The media propaganda train must be derailed!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Our local radio station reported this morning there were approximately 950 people that attended the hearings. Most to support MOM's safety measures.
    There needs to be a way to stop these lies! The media propaganda train must be derailed!

what radio station? :tdown:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

Thanks

Completely agree. The one thing the 'other side' and the media want is to be able to show we are filled to the rim with radical reactionary militant tacti-cuckoos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom