• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    None.

You know this, and we know this.

The masses, however, do not.

The media takes one thing--private FTF sales (where legal)--and conflates it with illegal gun use/ownership.

It's a long road, and we may never get all the way there... but we keep tying.

Ok, thanks for confirming what I thought I knew.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    My kids pediatrician, when we 1st started going, asked if there were guns in the home. We said yes. The pediatrician has reinforced what we teach the kids that you don't play with guns. I remember him asking my sons, "what do you do if you find a gun or another kid is playing with one?" They said "not to touch it and go tell an adult." I was so proud of them. Our pediatrician is great and I like the approach he took.

Agreed. Though some people might freak out about the doctor asking about guns in your house.

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    He definitely caught me offguard when he asked but it's not something I'm ashamed of or hide. I don't offer that info to just anybody. I'd rather people not know what I have. But once I realized why he was asking (so he could give the don't touch and go tell advice), I was totally fine with it.

SirMrManGuy

Feb 14, 2010
    Taupo NZ
    None.

You know this, and we know this.

The masses, however, do not.

The media takes one thing--private FTF sales (where legal)--and conflates it with illegal gun use/ownership.

It's a long road, and we may never get all the way there... but we keep tying.
    Yup, they are merely talking about the fact that you can easily find people walking around willing to make private FTF sales at a gun show. If you are buying from a dealer at the show, you still go through the normal NICS check (and 7 day wait in MD).

Feb 1, 2012
    Frostburg
    This is a great article...thank you for posting it. I find the cconclusion that if concealed carry were legal, janitors, teachers...basically everyone, would be carrying to be an absurd thought. The pressure point, to me, is that the criminal would have to consider that everyone is a potential threat to him/her.

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is a great article...thank you for posting it. I find the cconclusion that if concealed carry were legal, janitors, teachers...basically everyone, would be carrying to be an absurd thought. The pressure point, to me, is that the criminal would have to consider that everyone is a potential threat to him/her.

And that is the crux of the whole thing.

As my wife says, all she wants is for the BG to have to think... "Is Granny packing, or not?"

The real possibility of it is the primary deterrent.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I really liked this article. It had a lot of great points and really got me thinking. I think the most ridiculous part was where the one fellow implied that just because I don't "trust the government" to make the right decisions for me, that makes me morally immature and "like a teenager."

Why should I trust the government to make my decisions for me? I have a brain. I will use it to govern myself, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom