• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    Sorry if this is in wrong place. Please move if so. I recently tried purchasing some 5.56 online for first time and it says restricted to ship to MD. Is that normal? Never bought online before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    MD has no such law. Local ordinances regulating ammo shipments (see MoCo) were ruled illegal and rendered null and void by the MD court system many years ago.

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    So no reason why they should be denying shipment. Guess I'll have to call tomorrow. Thanks

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Was it Cheaper Than Dirt. They have made up all kinds of rules about shipping to MD.

Last week I tried to buy a flash hider/mount from them. They said they will not ship it to MD. I wouldn't have even tried but they were the only ones who had it in stock.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Some on line dealers don't keep up with other states' laws. I don't do business with them for anything else either.

Most of the big on line retailers will ship ammo to MD. I have a Midway shipment coming tomorrow.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Bullets.com is where I was trying

I like how they say that it's your responsibility to know your laws because they don't accept returns, yet they won't ship to you and your commie state. Cancel the order and buy from a place that takes the time to THINK. Grafs, Midway, Freedom, Selway, SGAmmo, Aim, Sportsmans Guide, CTD.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I like how they say that it's your responsibility to know your laws because they don't accept returns, yet they won't ship to you and your commie state. Cancel the order and buy from a place that takes the time to THINK. Grafs, Midway, Freedom, Selway, SGAmmo, Aim, Sportsmans Guide, CTD.

Agree with them all except CTD. They make up all kinds of rules. Mostly they cannot be bothered to learn the laws of our state.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Any company that will cancel accepted orders, to relist the item at a higher price is NOT going to get ANY of my business.

And yes, CTD did that.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Any company that will cancel accepted orders, to relist the item at a higher price is NOT going to get ANY of my business.

And yes, CTD did that.

They've been doing that for years. Even for hot items in stock, they will sit on the order for up to a week or so and cancel it if they can sell the item for more.

Bean Guy

Apr 4, 2013
    Eldersburg
    I had an on line outfit delay shipping because the ammo was on stripper clips. Turns out their legal department thought stripper clips were magazines, and couldn't be shipped to MD. The sales guy straightened out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom