• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Why would anyone get anything other than a Ruger MK series .22 pistol? The aftermarket parts and accesories are limitless.
    I dont know...
    But like the GSG Firefly just picked up. Play with that, for now
    give the ole 3 screw single six (conv), Trophy, Victor, a rest.
    Locked at the Sig, Walther, but passed.

-Rock

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    B6A4A134-932F-4A8D-B298-C4C4DE968500.jpeg

So today I was at Walmart and noticed that the price of 22 had actually dropped.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Not that I need them but it would be nice for the regular 270,308 and 30-06 hunting ammo like Corelokt to drop back to $17.97 like they used to be and Federal was even cheaper than that at times

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Yeah. Same here. Fallston WalMart only sells some .22 and quite a bit of shot shells. No handgun ammo for many moons Kemo-sabe. ( Lone Ranger anyone??) How old ARE you??:draw:
    I barely remember Lone Ranger. Lol

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Dropped to $18.97 in a couple SoMD stores too.
    So if you are in an area where the price has increased,
    THANKS FOR SUBSIDIZING US!
    ( Payback for 301/Nice bridge toll subsidizing rest of state...)

OMC 2 stroke oil is also 20% cheaper per ounce in the 16 oz bottles vs the gallon jugs. Been OOS for 2 years, but I loaded up today.

Plus, when the leak out in the back of my truck, it'll only be 16 oz vs a gallon

2701Jim

May 5, 2011
    Northern Baltimore County
    Not ammo but bought a Group 65 car battery at Walmart last week for $119.84 and went today to buy another one for a different vehicle same size group 65 and price was up exactly $20! BIDENFLATION!

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Complain all you want about retail chain ammo prices. To me the most outrageous unreasonable ammo prices can be found right here in our classifieds. Not everyone here overprices their stuff but many do.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    If they're so good, why are there so many aftermarket parts? Why is it necessary to change a bunch of parts if the gun is good to start with?

I'm only half joking about this. I know the Ruger MK pistols are great pistols. It does make me wonder though why so many people are hell bent on changing out a lot of the factory parts. Same with the 10/22. I'm somewhat guilty of that myself.

I think people like playing, and whether really needed or not, there's a market to customize. These are really good platforms to start with, and given the production numbers, worth people making accessories for them. I'm guilty too. Changed the grips on my Mk III. The original plastic ones didnt seem to do it justice. The walnut ones I put on feel nicer and more solid in the hand. I did also do a few things with the trigger on my 10/22. Just fun to tweak things sometimes.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    I barely remember Lone Ranger. Lol
    They still sell most centerfire rifle ammo as well. No handgun ammo or what they referred to as " short barrel rifle" ammo. That meaning of course .223, .556, and similar rounds considered extra dangerous because they are commonly used in scary looking black semi auto rifles.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    The WM at Spring Mills, WV had a good supply of ammo. Lots of .22 including several of the buckets. Also had an assortment of shotgun rounds 12, 20, 16 and 410

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom