• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbaick

Nov 6, 2013
    My experience is that there are three positions people hold on gun rights:

1. Pro 2A
    2. Anti gun
    3. Don’t really know or care

The anti gun folks do their darndest to turn the third group, into their fold by scaring them. This poll shows that a lot of people are normally ambivalent to the issue. There are bigger, more real problems to deal with.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Interesting also that just over half of all Americans think that the top 2 problems today are government and immigration.

I'd personally have to agree with that, and in that same order.

One of the great paradoxes of American politics is the almost universal disapproval of Congress as a whole, but coupled with the overwhelming desire on the part of individual voters to keep their same Congress critter. One would think that an anti-incumbency campaign would take shape at some point. Term limits would seem to follow also. To have otherwise guarantees more of the same.

That neither phenomenon has happened is perhaps arguably both a blessing and a curse.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Interesting also that just over half of all Americans think that the top 2 problems today are government and immigration.

I'd personally have to agree with that, and in that same order.

One of the great paradoxes of American politics is the almost universal disapproval of Congress as a whole, but coupled with the overwhelming desire on the part of individual voters to keep their same Congress critter. One would think that an anti-incumbency campaign would take shape at some point. Term limits would seem to follow also. To have otherwise guarantees more of the same.

That neither phenomenon has happened is perhaps arguably both a blessing and a curse.

Yeah they all suck, except my guy syndrome. :sad20:

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    IME most casually anti gunners are people that have never met an (reasonable) owner.

Casually anti? I agree with you.

For many of the more open minded, especially those who would say that they don’t in fact like guns, but who would also say that they do in fact like you? And who knows that you’re not even remotely the sort to be shooting up street corners? There is cause to try to square the two differing and seemingly conflicting opinions.

The primary issue for that sort of an individual is oftentimes, a complete lack of exposure.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Casually anti? I agree with you.

For many of the more open minded, especially those who would say that they don’t in fact like guns, but who would also say that they do in fact like you? And who knows that you’re not even remotely the sort to be shooting up street corners? There is cause to try to square the two differing and seemingly conflicting opinions.

The primary issue for that sort of an individual is oftentimes, a complete lack of exposure.

Agree and well said.

Once people without experience can put a known face with gun ownership a lot of objections melt.

Better is getting them on the range, which is not that difficult of a sell.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agree and well said.

Once people without experience can put a known face with gun ownership a lot of objections melt.

Better is getting them on the range, which is not that difficult of a sell.

It isn’t tough. One of the NPs I work with went to UC Berkeley. Got her to the range eventually. She had a good time. She didn’t rush out to buy a gun, but she’s no longer anti. Some of her friends are appalled.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    It isn’t tough. One of the NPs I work with went to UC Berkeley. Got her to the range eventually. She had a good time. She didn’t rush out to buy a gun, but she’s no longer anti. Some of her friends are appalled.

I believe you and applaud you, but I still think a lot of those people would support "common sense" laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom