• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    What Cable is that? an LMR400/RG8 equivalent or something?

Yeah, generic LMR400 cable, with some LMR400 UltraFlex patch cables.

Attn Hams:

I have a 50' long roll of RG-8 coax cable with PL-259 connectors on both ends.

I inherited it in a collection of stuff that my dad left. He used it for SW or scanner listening, or some such.

Does anyone know what this is worth? Anybody want to buy it?

It's worth about $50 (if new), depending on the brand, age, condition, and grade of coax. What's the printing on it read? I may be interested in it.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It's worth about $50 (if new), depending on the brand, age, condition, and grade of coax. What's the printing on it read? I may be interested in it.

I have no idea how old it is; it pre-dates 2006, at least. It reads "Tandy wire & cable RG-8 13 AWG TYPE CL2 75°C E111378A (UL)"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garym

Damn Right, Rebel Proud
    Sep 20, 2009
    Davidsonville
    For anyone wanted to upgrade to Extra and get access to some important segments of the HF bands (some key DX segments are in the Extra/Advanced segments), this is what was posted on the AARC website.

I did not post the contact info so if you cant find this on the AARC or NEM website then PM me.

GaryM (an Extra class Ham too).

The Amateur Radio Club of the National Electronics Museum will be holding an extra class course beginning January 21 at 6:30PM at the museum, 1745 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Maryland. Of course, there is no charge, but having the ARRL Extra Class License Guide will be helpful as we use that for the course. The course is expected to last several months, and we will meet regularly at 6:30PM each Tuesday.

Pyramid

MDS Supporter
    Sep 27, 2008
    AACO
    Yeah sometimes there just isn't a lot of activity. Put your call out to find out how many people are just listening.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Pyramid

MDS Supporter
    Sep 27, 2008
    AACO
    10 meters is probably best for local chat, possibly 2 meters simplex.

Pyramid

MDS Supporter
    Sep 27, 2008
    AACO
    Sorry if these seem like random replies, the quote feature not working.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    10 meters is probably best for local chat, possibly 2 meters simplex.

Nothing wrong with doing it on one of the repeaters with a wide coverage.

I have hit the .135 repeater from almost the DE line up 95 and down almost to Quantico to the south.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    For anyone wanted to upgrade to Extra and get access to some important segments of the HF bands (some key DX segments are in the Extra/Advanced segments), this is what was posted on the AARC website.

I did not post the contact info so if you cant find this on the AARC or NEM website then PM me.

GaryM (an Extra class Ham too).

The Amateur Radio Club of the National Electronics Museum will be holding an extra class course beginning January 21 at 6:30PM at the museum, 1745 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Maryland. Of course, there is no charge, but having the ARRL Extra Class License Guide will be helpful as we use that for the course. The course is expected to last several months, and we will meet regularly at 6:30PM each Tuesday.

I took this class a few years ago when i upgraded, it is almost NECESSARY for those that don't deal in Electronics or theory on a regular basis, plus you get to wander the museum a lot by yourself after-hours which is a bonus (it's not like its crowded on a normal day though)

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    How about a local 2M or 70cm? I only have tech licensee.

I can't get out to carrol county from where I live in Bel Air. Do you have a tower? We might be able to work simplex.

If you can hit any of these repeaters with a check mark next to them, we can work via repeater.

b1Yg6Ju.png

I don't have a list put together of 70cm repeaters yet.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I can't get out to carrol county from where I live in Bel Air. Do you have a tower? We might be able to work simplex.

If you can hit any of these repeaters with a check mark next to them, we can work via repeater.

Can you hit 147.330? It's Penmar's out of Hanover PA. PL Tone = 123.0 Hz.

I will try the ones on your list here shortly. Thanks.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    This is a group of linked repeaters that has a pretty large coverage area. Like I said, I would ask permission to use it (or any repeater) for a net. If you just want to try an impromptu trial to see if it works, read the rules and try to keep it under 20 minutes.

http://www.n3st.net/index_files/CMRG_Repeaters.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom