• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Winter makes me sad. No, really. I'm sad.

Seasonal
    Affected
    Disorder

Getting up in the dark, driving to work in the dark, working in an office with no windows, going home in the dark blows. And don't get me started on the moron drivers who panic when there's a 1/2 inch of snow on the grass but none on the road; schools that close because it might snow...blah..blah...blah. Saw a women Friday with four, count them four, 24-roll packs of toilet paper in her grocery cart. That's 96 rolls of toilet paper! WTF?!? She know something I don't know?

I generally make it to mid-February before I have to go lay in a tanning bed to keep from going insane - and then plan an early March trip to Florida to go clay shooting. But, until then, it's winter and I'm friggin' sad.

About 6 months ago I bought a real-deal balisong from the Phillipines made by Armando Palicio.

balisong.jpg

Beautiful hand-made knife, but with a 14 cm blade it's too big to carry in a pocket; and the steel is so damn hard that keeping it sharp is a PITA! But I decided that I really like flippers and have wanted a smaller one for a while now.

So...treated myself to this.

Mayhem2.jpg

This is a Bradley Cutlery "Mayhem" butterfly knife - made by Benchmade. Not my actual knife, but this is the one I'm getting. Gets superb reviews. Not cheap, but I'm sad, remember? I'm worth it.

Specifications:
    Overall Length: 8.53" (21.67cm)
    Blade Length: 3.83" (9.73cm)
    Blade Thickness: 0.150" (3.81mm)
    Blade Material: S30V Stainless Steel (58-60HRC)
    Handle Material: 6AL4V Titanium w/ Bead Blast Finish
    Length Closed: 5.00" (12.70cm)
    Handle Thickness: 0.43" (1.09cm)
    Weight: 4.20 oz. (119.07gm)
    Lock Mechanism: Integrated Spring-Latch
    Made in the USA

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    nice!

the first photo looks like the one i've lost long time ago (early 90s).

Bradley Bali are awesome.. i got one myself. but nothing beats true formerly known Bali-song/Pacific Knife(?) now Benchmade.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Track down a Benchmade 42.

I know what you mean about winter making you sad. Because of my work schedule and classes, I slept through the daylight hours (until 4-6PM) on most days for about a month and a half last semester. I got very little sunlight and felt like crap all the time.

JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    The Mayhem is great!! I have sold at least 30 or more of them . I carried one for over a year and it still makes it into my rotation here and there:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom