• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Do any of you Howard County peeps know how I can get one? I've tried several requests for a yard sign and a bumper sticker on his campaign website and have not heard anything. I made a $250 donation to his campaign a few weeks ago, so it's not like I'm asking for something and not contributing. He voted against SB281 as a state senator, so I'd love to have him be Howard County Executive (and for many reasons besides the SB281 vote).

UPDATE: His campaign contacted me, and I have one on the way. I must be too impatient :D

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Keep getting distracted by stupidity like this, and they will strip away our gun rights.

Excuse me, I have plenty of flaws, but stupidity is not among them.

Each of us have the right to decide what drives our voting decisions without being alienated. You pick yours and I'll pick mine - and I won't be accusing you of being stupid, even if I don't happen to agree. Deal?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    When did his opponent lose you?

I bet his opponent responds to meeting requests, emails and phone calls... Sadly, Kittleman never has.

Another sad fact... He has no opponent in the primary. :(

The alternative is worse, so I will do a write in on that ballot entry.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Excuse me, I have plenty of flaws, but stupidity is not among them.

Each of us have the right to decide what drives our voting decisions without being alienated. You pick yours and I'll pick mine - and I won't be accusing you of being stupid, even if I don't happen to agree. Deal?

If you actually read my comment without jumping to emotional conclusions, you will see that I was referring to the bathroom bill as stupid, not you.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    If you actually read my comment without jumping to emotional conclusions, you will see that I was referring to the bathroom bill as stupid, not you.

I am emotional about that bill. Very emotional. Maybe I was using that lens on your comment... I'll admit it. That bill is a huge hot button for me and I was shocked to see his vote. IMO, it was a pander to win the HoCo exec position... His district is straight R, he didn't vote his constituency position, he voted for HoCo, which is liberal in general.

Anyway, it seems no matter which way you turn, D or R, it doesn't matter.

Signifier

Banned
    BANNED!!!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    True he did vote for the Bathroom bill, but he did oppose SB281 and many other bills (rain tax, gas tax increase, dream act, redistricting) that would have helped Maryland.

He has a 67% rating of MDPetition.

http://mdpetitions.com/scorecards/Allan%20Kittleman#.U3TQcC_Tamk

The democrats own the house and the senate in Md. They can pass anything they want. Republicans can oppose every single bill and it would still pass comfortably.

Why did he vote YEA for that bill? I am signed up to work on the petition and when I talk to my neighbors and people around here about his vote on that, you ought to see their faces.

(Btw, I know this thread was about yard signs and hope the sidetrack isn't a problem. I havent seen a discussion about Kittleman going and figured what the heck...)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I am emotional about that bill. Very emotional. Maybe I was using that lens on your comment... I'll admit it. That bill is a huge hot button for me and I was shocked to see his vote. IMO, it was a pander to win the HoCo exec position... His district is straight R, he didn't vote his constituency position, he voted for HoCo, which is liberal in general.

Anyway, it seems no matter which way you turn, D or R, it doesn't matter.

I'll admit to knowing almost nothing about the bathroom bill, but it seems like the government should stay out of our bathrooms, unless they want to flush themselves down the drain where government belongs. This is an issue, much like gay marriage, that was manufactured to distract people from stuff that matters.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I'll admit to knowing almost nothing about the bathroom bill, but it seems like the government should stay out of our bathrooms, unless they want to flush themselves down the drain where government belongs. This is an issue, much like gay marriage, that was manufactured to distract people from stuff that matters.

It's not like gay "marriage" to me. Sorry. Letting sexual predators into girls and boys bathrooms is nothing like letting 2 consenting adults make a solemn vow to each other and do their own thing in their own life. The only part I ever opposed to gay "marriage" is that they chose to use the same word ( they might have chosen "union"), not the same facilities and put our youth in dangerous settings they may not be able to handle.

This progressive baloney has gone too far.

I am looking forward to when the bill takes effect and visiting every single one of the men in the bathroom that voted for that bill dressed in jeans and boots mentioning how manly I feel in their room that day. :)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It's not like gay "marriage" to me. Sorry. Letting sexual predators into girls and boys bathrooms is nothing like letting 2 consenting adults make a solemn vow to each other and do their own thing in their own life. The only part I ever opposed to gay "marriage" is that they have to use the same word ( they might have chosen "union"), not the same facilities and put our youth in dangerous settings they may not be able to handle.

Without knowing anything about this bill, I doubt it makes it legal to sexually harass children (nice use of language that pushes emotional buttons, btw). For every 1 transgender sexual predator, there are likely hundreds of "regular" transgenders that the bill might help.

With the "it's for the children" argument you're making, and trying to paint every transgender as a butt raping child molester, you sound like an anti painting all gun owners and evil people who get kids killed with their evil guns.

I've wasted enough time on this topic, I'm sure I won't change your mind, just hoping not to turn off any rational voters from Kittleman on the basis of a mindless bathroom bill.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Without knowing anything about this bill, I doubt it makes it legal to sexually harass children (nice use of language that pushes emotional buttons, btw). For every 1 transgender sexual predator, there are likely hundreds of "regular" transgenders that the bill might help.

With the "it's for the children" argument you're making, and trying to paint every transgender and a butt raping child molester, you sound like an anti painting all gun owners and evil people who get kids killed with their evil guns.

I've wasted enough time on this topic, I'm sure I won't change your mind, just hoping not to turn off any rational voters from Kittleman on the basis of a mindless bathroom bill.

I am NOT painting all transgendered people as butt raping child molesters. I am saying that the bill allows butt raping child molesters to be in the bathroom with children with no legal recourse until it may be too late.

As I said, the alternative is worse. Kittleman truly is the lesser of the two evils. But there is no way I would endorse or vote for him and am doing my best to make sure folks hold him accountable for his vote on that bill. Again, it passed with a large margin, why did he vote for it?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I am NOT painting all transgendered people as a butt raping child molester. I am saying that the bill allows butt raping child molesters to be in the bathroom with children with no legal recourse until it may be too late.

As I said, the alternative is worse. Kittleman truly is the lesser of the two evils. But there is no way I would endorse or vote for him and am doing my best to make sure folks hold him accountable for his vote on that bill. Again, it passed with a large margin, why did he vote for it?

Please stop hijacking my thread, thanks. Start your own thread if you think anyone cares, which they don't.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just got an e-mail that a campaign volunteer placed the sign and left me a bumpersticker on my porch. Very efficient! I can't wait until he's running Howard County.:thumbsup:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just got an e-mail that a campaign volunteer placed the sign and left me a bumpersticker on my porch. Very efficient! I can't wait until he's running Howard County.:thumbsup:

We can only hope. He's 100 times better than the rest of the turds running the county.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom