• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    Can I still buy an AK Pistol here in MD? Anything on the roster? I'm not familiar with all the different manufacturers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    Any idea who makes those? Would like to start researching

i think most of the recently approved AK pistols are all from Century or Zastava

the ones i'm most interested in

PAP m92
    PAP m85
    mini Draco (there's also a micro draco, i don't recall if that was submitted to the handgun board but if it was, it was approved :thumbsup: )

i heard the Zastava factory was flooded not long ago so availability and price might be an issue

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    I'm def gonna get one when they're available for transfer. What's a good one?

7.62x39:
    Yugo PAP M92
    Mini Draco

.223/5.56:
    Yugo PAP M85

Can't wait for the mini and the M92! Gonna pass on the M85, .223/5.56 mags are expensive and already I have a bunch of 7.62x39 mags and ammo. There's some Arsenals on the roster too but they're pricey for a pistol. If I'm stuck in Md long enough I might be tempted. :sad20:

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I get that for someone that has an HQL they can buy an AK pistol / SBR on the roster.

So is it the same situation as with AR lowers (pistol/HBAR)?? ....Can we build an AK into legal pistol or SBR configurations without an HQL?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There were a number of ak pistols approved last roster meeting. Should be on updated roster on 11/17.

Here's the lst of approved AK's that will be added to the list November 17th. From the MD Register

Attachments

• nov 17.pdf
      235.5 KB · Views: 186
    • november 17.jpg
      november 17.jpg
      132.6 KB · Views: 731

TFG

Nov 4, 2014
    Las Vegas
    For me, absolute reliability is non-negotiable regardless of price. There's several reasons why Wilson pistols cost more than Taurus, and the same holds true for Arsenal vs. the Century's of the world.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    For me, absolute reliability is non-negotiable regardless of price. There's several reasons why Wilson pistols cost more than Taurus, and the same holds true for Arsenal vs. the Century's of the world.

Not really. If its century built it may have problems, if it's a century imported factory built rifle it'll be just as reliable as an arsenal. At the end of the day they are both AK's, reliable and built to last!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Tyler Firearms hooked me up nice. Can't wait until the 17th or whenever I can get off work after that to fill out the paperwork!

TFG

Nov 4, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Not really. If its century built it may have problems, if it's a century imported factory built rifle it'll be just as reliable as an arsenal. At the end of the day they are both AK's, reliable and built to last!
    So the Century receivers are milled after forging for strength? All of the fire control parts are hardness tested on every rifle? Every spring on every rifle is tested? The barrel is CL/hammer forged? Every component is mil-spec? Let me know what you find........
    Also let me know if you enjoy the Century's ability to fire when the dust cover is off, and you engage the safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom